Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B12 Daily Chart Times

Hi

I believe the bar times shown on daily charts in NZ time zone are incorrect. I suspect they are not being converted to NZ time correctly.

I'm using Kinetick and I understand their daily candles close at 5:00 pm EST, which is 9:00 am NZT one day ahead (5:00pm 4th Aug EST is 9:00 am 5th Aug NZT).

Before 9:00 am NZT, I expect the final (still building) daily candle to show the current NZ date, and after 9:00 am NZT to show tomorrow's date. Have I misunderstood something?

I've attached 3 screenshots that show the crosshair time, data window time and PC time.
    In the first screenshot (2016-08-05 8-48 AM) you can see PC time is 8:48 am 5th Aug, a few minutes before the candle close, but both the cross hair and data window dates show 4th Aug.
    In the second screenshot (2016-08-05 9-01 AM) you can see the same candle (now closed). The PC time is after 9:00 am 5th Aug, the cross hair time has advanced to 5th Aug, but the data window still shows 4th Aug.
    The third screenshot show the new candle. The PC time is after 9:00 am 5th Aug, the cross hair shows 5th Aug (as it does for the previous candle) and the data window shows 5th Aug. I think the cross hair and data window should show 6th Aug.

This is more than a cosmetic issue for me because I have an indicator that works on all time frames except sometimes daily. I suspect it works after 9:00 am, but not before. (I've yet to prove this.)

Please advise what I should do next.

Cheers
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello Jellybean,
    Can you please sync your PC clock and reload historical data as a test?
    Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:

Close NinjaTrader.
    Open the Windows Control Panel
    Select Date and Time
    Press 'Change time zone...'.
    Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
    Click on Internet Time tab.
    Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
    If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.
    Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your response.

I did as you asked, but the problem persists. (It was previously set to automatically sync with windows.time.com, now with time.nist.gov.) Note that I did not delete historical data or re-load it from the Historical Data window, just re-started NT after syncing the clock.
      Also, I set the time zone to my existing Auckland, New Zealand zone. I presume that's what you meant.

Anyway, I seek further guidance.

Cheers
      Tony

Comment

Jellybean,
        Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
        Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=88073

Comment

Hello Jellybean, and thank you for your report.

This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          0 responses