Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL 09-16 weekly chart WRONG

Hi there,

see attached. This week is entirely wrong.
    Last week is off. 2 weeks ago ok.

I did not go any further back.

Data feed Rithmic.

atata
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify what is incorrect such as wrong High, Low, etc. so I may look into this further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

well it is too late now...

It has corrected itself by now... however if you looked at the attached it is very visible that the weekly low is higher than it really was. This week seems to be ok so far.

Comment

k, The low for the week was 39.19 while the weekly was way above 41. I've tried the usual tricks nothing worked and nobody picked it up from NT on time to investigate...
        I have Rithmic connection...

Comment

The problem is just can not trust NT 8 at all...

I've captured one bad situation and you have a screen shot of that. However I've just had another bad example however I did not create a screen capture and happened just a minute ago. I've loaded 6E on a Unirenko chart and it was showing a nice straight uptrend since last night. It looked suspicious since it was 88 ticks straight run since last night therefore I've glanced at my multi minute setup charts - also NT 8 - and the picture was very different. Hit reload on the Unirenko chart and that fixed the issue and now it looks the same as on the other charts. I just don't get it after over 3 years of development and 12 beta releases users still have to deal with such basic stuff.

atata
          Last edited by atata; 08-10-2016, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Does this also occur when running a default Renko chart or does this only occur when running the UniRenko chart?
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher, I am using only minute, tick and Unirenko charts. It did happen later today on minutes charts as well.

Comment

I view this as a critical item that we would like to try to get a handle on, thanks for posting. Next time you see this or if you currently have it now, can you please provide any specifics like below?

* Is it all charts for that instrument or just some charts? If so the charts that have the issue are the tick based, minute based, daily based?
                * When the issue occurs is it near a session boundary?
                * When you notice the problem. Had NT been running unattended for long period or what if any details could you provide on what occured or what NT was doing prior to noticing the issue?
                * Does your computer go to sleep?
                * On the charts affected had they constantly had that instrument and bar type selected or are you constantly changing instrument or bar type on the affected chart? \

Thanks for any info you could provide, trying to get down to the bottom on what might be happening.

Comment

Brett, answers I have are below:

The way I am using Ninja as follows. I have mostly "static" tick and Unirenko charts for the CL and ES. Sometimes when I decide to trade the GC or one of the currency futs such as 6E, 6A, 6J or 6B than I want to see the rotations on a tick chart at that point I may change the instrument on the tick chart. That does not happen everyday though, sometimes not even in a week.
                  I do have a multi time setup with minute charts which are linked and I do change instruments a few times a day to see trends, side way actions short, mid and long term.
                  The unirenko issue was a one off when I've decided to duplicate my CL chart for GC and 6E.

* Is it all charts for that instrument or just some charts? One out of 2, 5, 15, 30, 60, 240, 1440 and weekly, they are linked If so the charts that have the issue are the tick based, minute based, daily based?
                  had issue with the minute and the screen shot created for this thread was on the weekly note: because of the NT whatever I have 1440 min instead of daily
                  * When the issue occurs is it near a session boundary? not sure, I'll have it next time I'll create a screen shot
                  * When you notice the problem. Had NT been running unattended for long period or what if any details could you provide on what occured or what NT was doing prior to noticing the issue? What long period means? It was most likely running on its own for more than a few minutes before I've changed the instrument. For trading I rather use NT 7 which is stable and lot less issues and they are predictable.
                  * Does your computer go to sleep? never
                  * On the charts affected had they constantly had that instrument and bar type selected or are you constantly changing instrument or bar type on the affected chart? What constantly means? I change instruments a few times a day however I am sure less than 20. I don't change the bar type, I do maximize the window, draw fibs etc...

hope this helps,

atata
                  Last edited by atata; 08-11-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

current weekly chart messed up again...

see attached...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that information. I'm working through your notes and setting up internal tests. If possible would you mind sharing your workspace? Please attach it or email to platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com referencing this post.

Also, please mention what is your data feed provider (Think you've shared that before working with us but just can't recall sorry).

The workspace is located in My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder, need the workspace for the one you use that you have this problem on.

Thank You.

Comment

Brett,

all my info is shared with Patrick, related to this thread:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ighlight=atata

This is somewhat related so you may want to check out:

atata

Comment

Have not seen any activities on this issue therefore not sure what is going however this is still an issue using at least Rithmic as data provider.

atata

Comment

Sorry to report but we setup internal tests, overnight and over weekends with multiple providers including rithmic. Was unable to reproduce any such gap in chart. At this point were looking for the 'smoking' gun of why your running into this to give us something to look into but unable to find it so far. Likely will wait till we see another case reported from another user since might be able to draw some correlations to try to narrow us down further.

-Brett

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM