NT8 B12 No Connect & No Error to IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B12 No Connect & No Error to IB

It took a couple extra days to get an active IB paper trading account setup and now NT8 will not 'fully' connect. On NT8 startup it auto connects to TWS and the connection marker shows Yellow quickly yet stays that way. The Log shows no errors only "Connecting" status. Have also tested with manually starting TWS first with the same result.
    PC: Win10 Home (updated), Quad core, 8g RAM, with ONLY a few Windows services running & no other software installed.
    NT8: 8.0.0.12 64-bit (Standard)
    TWS: Build 954.2r

Attached:
    NT8 Session Trace File
    NT8 Session Log File
    TWS API Settings Screenshot

After continued testing I found that if I use a Live user/pass for IB then NT8 will connect and give a green status for connection. Changing ONLY the user/pass to that of a paper account gives the above issue.
    Attached Files

Hello antrux,

Thank you for your post,

We have seen before where demos or paper trading accounts will revert the TWS API settings, which may be why the Live account is working but the paper accounts are not. You can use the steps in the link below to verify the settings with TWS when connected to the account.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric, these settings are set correctly in the Paper trading account. This can be seen in the screenshot attached to the first post.

I opened TWS, logged in with paper trading user/pass, set these settings, saved the settings, and exited.

I then added that user/pass to NT8 and connected to IB.

TWS opens the user/pass are entered by NT yet the connection status stays Yellow with no errors.

I can switch to the TWS application and view the API Settings and they are the same as they were earlier so they did not revert. NT is just not finishing it's connection with TWS.

Comment

Hello antrux,

Thank you for your reply and verifying the settings,

Because the TWS installation will establish a successful Live connection, the issue is with the paper trading account itself. IB does have to take some additional steps to allow the Paper Tradign accounts successfully connect to NinjaTrader, they do have to be linked in someway to the Live account.

For now, I suggest contacting IB to verify the paper trading account is set up correctly for use with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Contacted IB support and sent over the Detailed API log. IB saw no issues in the log even though NT8 gave a status of Not Connected but trying to connect.

IB suggested to install the latest stable release of TWS v952 and this worked.

Whoever created the NT8 Connection Guide provided a link to TWS v954 which is an unstable Beta release of TWS and really shouldn't be used here yet. Is likely that no one else has had this issue because they were already running an older or more stable version of TWS but I have just opened this IB account and followed the connection guide to set it up.

NT should update the Connection Guide page to use the proper version of TWS.

Thank you for pawning a paid customer off on another company so quickly when the issue was who ever created the Connection Guide Page to begin with and linked to an unstable version of TWS.

Comment

Hello antrux,

Thank you for the follow up and reporting that it did work as expected on the older version, I will certainly forward your findings to our Development team to look into further.

This isn't something we encountered before so thank you for letting us know, likely we will look at resolving the issue on the current version of TWS. Your feedback and testing is what allows us to work these issue out for other NinjaTrader user as well

Thank you for testing!

Comment

Hello antrux,

My name is Michael with the NinjaTrader Development Team. So that we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, would it be possible for us to reproduce using your paper account?

If so, please email your paper account credentials to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the subject line: "ATTN: Michael M http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=88094".

Thank you in advance!
              Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hi 3 things...

1) I have the same error - I followed the connection document on NT telling us to use TWS 954 and ti doesn't work. NT needs to change that back to TWS 952 ASAP so you don't waste any more customer time.

2) I can't find TWS 952 or IB Gateway 952 anywhere. can someone provide a link to those files please

3) I am home tomorrow. NT Support. You can use my paper account tomorrow only if you want. BUT - I am disappointed you don't have your own account to test with. Seems to me you absolutely need that before telling your customers to go to IB and figure out a problem that we have no means to solve.

Comment

IB gateway 952.2: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...p?f=16045&ns=T

TWS 952.2: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...p?f=16042&ns=T

Comment

Hello DaFish,

Thank you for your post,

You should still be able to use version 954 after altering some settings. Our team was able to narrow the issue to different auto login times between the accounts. First, please make sure you have configured your connection and TWS per our connection guide, linked below.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

If you're still seeing the Yellow status when attempting to connect, close NinjaTrader and please try the following steps:

1) Open Documents\NinjaTrader 8\Config.xml
                    2) Search for: <AutoLogonDelaySeconds>0</AutoLogonDelaySeconds>
                    3) Replace with: <AutoLogonDelaySeconds>5</AutoLogonDelaySeconds>
                    4) Save Config.xml → Restart NT8
                    5) Attempt the IB connection → Increase value if issue persists

Thanks to robotic for supplying the download links.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post techgetgame  
                    Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                    0 responses