This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florida99 View Post
    Can you list your hardware, all of it, including motherboard brand and model, memory, cpu monitor(s) and graphics card(s) of the problem pc. Or are you saying that NT7 froze on both a desktop as well as laptop?
    Did you run a memory diagnostic?

Could you take a screen shot or recording of the clean install NT 7 chart that displays the freeze problem,
    What instrument is on the chart you mention? Do all instruments cause the freeze?
    Which indicators are on the charts and how many charts open and their time frames?
    What time frame chart are you looking at Volume that freezes? Tick? Minute? Range? Renko? etc?

Are there any other programs running at the same time as NT7?
    Are there third party indicators installed but not on the chart(s)
    How did you remove the previous installed 3rd party indicators.
    Did you make sure there is nothing left in the Remove NinjaScript Assembly?

CPU- AMD fx-9590
    MoBo - ASUS ROG crosshair v formula-z
    RAM - 32Gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz
    Graphics - ASUS R9 290X
    SSD1 - 1 Tb Samsung Evo 850
    SSD2 - 250Gb Samsung Evo 850
    Windows 8.1

Original laptop I started with was a Mac with a bootcamp windows install. Running bootcamp is what I originally put the issues down to and was the reason I got the desktop built.
    Have also tried NT7 on another laptop running Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.

I don't have any of the screen shots from the last 2 yrs. The only instrument I traded was the ES.
    These were all sent to NT support at the time of happening and all steps to "fix" where followed each and every time. Have literally spent 100's of hours trouble shooting. The fix will seem to work for a short period of time, only to have the issues resurface once again. The best advice I was given by another user was that the only way to really fix the "gremlins" that build up in NT7 was a complete uninstall, delete everything, reinstall and rebuild. It resulted in the most up time instead of playing whack-a-mole chasing symptoms.

I'm not inclined to spend another 40 days chasing ghosts all over again only to find the same end result of no actual solution. I'm being serious when I say I have literally tried every step I have been told to do and then some. I've swapped out the hard drives several times, installing a complete bare bones windows install many times. Religiously update the .NET framework. Had the computer checked professionally 3 times at the shop, 2 times on a call out, had the ISP send a tech out to test the home connection, had the ISP check the house to the node 3 times, had the ISP check the backbone 4 separate times. I've tried different computers, tried using virtual machines set up bare bones. Had support remote log in, test and set everything up. The list is endless that has been tried.

It all results in the same outcome sooner or later.

No other program I have tried do I have issues with. It makes zero sense why NT is the only one. Yet it still persists and there are other users that run into similar issues. I have tested every step of the chain as best I can but the issues still remain popping up.

I just don't have the time to keep doing the same fault finding exercises over and over and never getting to a real solution.

On a side note, I used to notice that NT7 would freeze a lot whenever large volume was traded at swing points. Now with NT8 it seems that it crashes (Ninjatrader has stopped working....) sometimes at large volume traded swing points. This is only a observation and I'm not experienced enough to know if it has any real meaning.

Comment

If you want help, fine, if you don't then that's fine with me too.Just say so if you don't want to troubleshoot.
      If you would like to work on it one more time then answer the questions.
      The desktop only:

Did you run a memory diagnostic?
      How did you do the latest clean install? Was the disk formated, OS re-installed and NT clean installed or just overwriting NT7?
      Is there anything listed in the Remove NinjaScript Assembly?
      What indicators are on the chart(s)
      What time frame are the chart(s)
      How many chart(s) open in the workspace?
      Are there any third party indicators on the pc even though not on charts.
      Are there any other programs running?

Comment

Originally posted by TyJack View Post
        I just don't have the time to keep doing the same fault finding exercises over and over and never getting to a real solution.
        TyJack,

I am sorry that in your experience any version of NinjaTrader you run does not perform as expected. Sounds like you have exhausted all potential avenues including numerous attempts to isolate and find a resolution with our customer service team to no avail. Albeit rare, this can happen. Your experience is not the norm as we have tens of thousands of users running NinjaTrader daily and it perplexes me why we are not able to determine the source of your issues. That being the case, I can appreciate your unwillingness to spend any more time on it so it sounds like the best option for you is to find another trading platform that will not manifest the same issues you have experienced with our platform.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes