Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading order

Hi,

I have saved a workspace in NT 8 with 4 charts. I need to load these indicators in a specific order because they communicate between them and need to received information in a specific order.

How can I load these charts in a specific same order all the time. Is it something that can be set up in code ?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I just wanted to quickly post that I am currently reviewing this question, I currently do not have an accurate answer so I will need to gather further information first. Once I have more details on the question I will reply back.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse for letting me know

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to reply back with further details on this topic.

Unfortunately there is no specific way to control the load order in the platform due to a host of factors that influence the way things are loaded.

I could only suggest that you change each indicator to report that it has been loaded in the same way you are currently having them communicate.

Inter script communication in this way is left out of the platform by default due to how items are loaded, instead there is a call and response system in place. This would entail that if Indicator A needs information from Indicator B, Indicator A would need to Call indicator B in the documented ways. If that is not possible per the logic you want to create, the logic from B would need to go into A to complete the logic loop.

If you are working on a communication system in other ways such as static classes, you will run into problems like this and also could run into race conditions as items can occur at the same time or in different orders than expected.

If you feel that you are using a documented or supported approach at having the scripts communicate but can not control the load order, you could provide a simplified sample for me to review and I could check if there may be other ways to accomplish the same task.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses