Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Indicator

Hello,

I created an indicator that prints hash lines above bars to help with entry and exit stops / limits.

The indicator also plots the bar's height in ticks.

After a period of time my chart appears to freeze and not scroll right, or it stops printing the risk values from the indicator.

Is anyone willing to review my code to see what I've done wrong?

Thanks,

Adam
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I had tried this on my end but did not see the same effect, could you tell me how long before you see the platform start to become sluggish and freeze?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

It doesn't actually become sluggish and freeze, here's what happens. It can take anywhere from 1 minute to an hour for any of these to happen.

1. It will completely freeze sometimes upon pressing "F5" to refresh
      2. It will continue printing bars, but the chart will not advance, so it appears if if time has frozen - then, if you hit the "End" key it will move to the end of the bars and it is fine for a while
      3. It will stop printing the numbers over the bars but it will continue printing the lines over / under the bars.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I will try testing this again today to see if I can confirm the results. I also wanted to check, on your end are you running into any exceptions while running the script? Is this the use of the try/catch? That could potentially have something to do with what is occurring if you are having exceptions but catching them rather than preventing them.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to post back on this, I had let the indicator run for most of yesterday without any trouble. I had also tried another chart where i could press F5 randomly, but both seemed to work for me.

I wanted to check that you have tested using only this indicator on a single chart in a single workspace to ensure the same still occurs. If not this could be a combination of items, or something completely different potentially.

It may also be helpful if when you see this happen, note the exact time you notice this. Next email me the log and trace files along with that time, I could see if anything else may be happening around that time that might cause the chart to stop.

If you have further direction on how to reproduce this in a more accurate way I would like to hear that as well.

Comment

Indicators

Jesse,

Thanks for the follow-up. I wonder if it is a compromised install or my system for some reason. It could also be the combination of indicators and not simply one single indicator.

I really want to figure this out, but so far it doesn't make sense why this is happening. If you have any thoughts on how to test or fix this, please help.

I am running a Win 7 x 64 system on 3 monitors. I have been testing these on a replay connection.

Thanks again,

Adam
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It would be difficult to test all of these items not knowing how they are currently configured or what the cause of the problem is.

I would instead suggest for you to remove items and continue testing from your end as you are able to see this happening.

If all of the items in the zip are on the chart currently, you could start by removing the one you think it is first and allow it to run for the period needed. If the problem persists, try removing another. Otherwise if you no longer see the problem, that indicator is likely the cause and you could test it by its self to see if that is the case.

If you can provide a workspace with the charts saved etc, I could test that otherwise this would be easiest to test from your current installation where everything is configured to make this happen.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nleitman, Yesterday, 11:46 AM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post nleitman  
              Started by MSerag, Yesterday, 11:52 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes