Expandable property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expandable property question

My demo indicator has a SimpleFont property, and an expandable property that contains another SimpleFont.

The top level SimpleFont behaves as one would expect in the Indicators dialog. It is cosmetically aligned, and changing any of its values activates the In Apply button. Good.

The SimpleFont in the expandable property behaves less well. The issues are
    • When you open the expandable property most simple properties, such as a bool, are indented. Good. The SimpleFont property is not indented. Bad. I don't know what I could be doing to cause that. Please either help me understand, or if this is an NT bug then report it.

• Changing the bool activates the Apply button. Good. Changing any of the SImpleFont values does not activate the Apply button. Bad. I do not know what I could be doing to cause this. Perhaps I have a missing attribute somewhere? I do have [RefreshProperties(RefreshProperties.Paint)] set on the SimpleFont. I have also tried RefreshProperties.All. Does the expandable property need to actively do something to make this work right? Please either help me understand, or if this is an NT bug then report it.

• FWIW: changing values of the SimpleFont updates the SimpleFont's ToString() display with either of them, so the fact of the change is getting propagated at least that far.

The indent issue is obviously just cosmetic, but it is quite noticeable in the GUI. Not activating the Apply button when that should happen is more annoying.

I'm attaching a small demo indicator that shows these issues, in case anyone wants to take a look at the code, attribute usage, etc, or build it and see the issues for themselves.

--EV
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the sample.

I will review the comments and reply back once I have further reviewed the sample.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As long as you are looking into indenting, I'd like to make another related request.

The current indent is one character. That strikes me as too subtle. I'd much rather see a larger indent -- two characters is probably enough, and would not consume too much real estate. The point is so that it is more obvious that children are children when you expand something like SimpleFont, or a user's custom expandable property.

--EV

Comment

Any further word on getting expandable properties indented properly? How about activating the Apply button?
        Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 09-03-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently there have been no resolutions to the mentioned items, this is still being reviewed but currently I would have no ETA on this item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
          0 responses
          1 view