Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any news on 50% CPU usage when global crosshairs are on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on 50% CPU usage when global crosshairs are on?

>I have reported this to our Product Management team who are currently monitoring this behavior, and will update you when I have more information on this.

The issue was reported to project managers in January. Just moving my mouse around on a chart with no indicators spikes CPU usage to 20%. Doing this with global crosshairs on and a few charts results in 50% usage or more. That's completely unreasonable on a modern system with a high end GPU and a serious flaw in a very important part of this program. Is the charting engine using CPU to render? If that is the case this seems like an extremely poor decision.

I don't mean to sound hostile, but fixing cursor lag/skipping and what is apparently low frame rate when using charts seems like it should be a nearly 0 day issue. I can't see paying for this platform past my current lease if the issue isn't addressed quickly. I spend all day with charts, if it's not silky smooth why would I use it.

EDIT: I want to clarify it's not really the CPU usage that bothers me but the low frame rate. It should be pretty apparent if you open a few charts on a few different timeframes and move your cursor around with global crosshairs. You drop frames like crazy.
    Last edited by jcrza; 08-12-2016, 10:27 AM.

Hello jcrza,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The thread you referred to actually had it's main item resolved. If you are seeing this, then we need to investigate this further. Please send us your Log and Trace files by going to Help > Email Support > ensure you list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1557038' in the subject line > and then select Send.

I would also note that NinjaTrader 8 is currently in Beta and if you need a production version to trade live with you may wish to use NinjaTrader 7 instead.

Comment

I have to question your definition of resolved, nobody in that thread ever reported the issue resolved and I'm still having it.

I sent this information in with ATTN Brett as per an email with support already. I wanted to make this thread so if anyone had anything to add to the issue they could. I tried the "click and drag the data series on the chart to remove the lag" solution someone posted in another thread but that didn't help.

Comment

Hello jcrza,

Thank you for your patience.

Please upgrade NinjaTrader 8 to Release 12 from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...en-us/beta.htm

Please let me know if this continues in the latest release (12).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Taddypole