Chart stops auto-scrolling after a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart stops auto-scrolling after a while

Has anyone else had trouble with charts stopping auto scrolling?

I have a couple indicators on a chart, but even when there are no indicators it stops scrolling after a while and I have to hit the "End" key to scroll right.

Strangely, the little arrow in the top right doesn't appear, it just stops scrolling without any warning.

Does anyone else have this trouble?

Is this in live or replay?

Which 3 indicators? Have you tried to narrow down to any of the 3? I could try here in replay if they are standard nt indicators.

Haven't had issue in replay other than sometimes they don't start. Then I grab the chart and left click and move it left. I think mouse wheel might work also.

Comment

They are all custom indicators, but it doesn't make sense to me that it should sometimes stop the chart and sometimes not. In some cases it goes hours before pausing.

I have had the problem in replay. I am not using NT for live trading at this time.

Comment

Hello armybender,

Thank you for writing in.

Are you seeing this occur on one workspace in particular or other workspaces as well?

Does this occur only if any of your custom indicators were ever applied to a chart?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
        • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
        • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
        • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by exiting NinjaTrader and moving the files from your Desktop back into the 'workspaces' folder.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have done this, and it does not appear to happen on a fresh workspace. I cannot identify where the problem is happening as it happens with 2 separate charts that have no common indicators.

I am curious about it possibly being related to global draw objects, but it does not appear to be indicator related.

Comment

Originally posted by armybender View Post

I am curious about it possibly being related to global draw objects, but it does not appear to be indicator related.
            Can you post some nonsense code with this that causes it by chance?

If you have 1 drawobject per bar make some code with a different calculation (off sma?).. if it causes your chart issue, post it here.

Comment

It's not global draw objects that are generated by code - I have a few that I have manually drawn.

I'm not sure that is the issue now either. I unselected "display global draw objects" on one of the charts and it still freezes every now and then.

Here's the root of the question: if I have an indicator that compiles correctly and does NOT attempt to interact with the chart objects (other than drawing and plotting, as indicators do) WHY is it pausing my chart scrolling?

Help?

Comment

armybender,

The chart should not be stopping. This behavior is unexpected and thus we must investigate to find the root cause.

You did not see this on a new workspace, and you confirmed that it happened on two different charts with different indicators on both charts, is this correct?

Do you have a script we may test? If you prefer, you can send the file to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1557335' in the subject line.
                You can attach your indicator to your response by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript > Add > select your Indicator > OK > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-15-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Patrick

Here are the attachments.

These are all of the indicators I use on my charts - nothing else that didn't come with NT.

Thanks.

Adam
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, can you confirm the following?

You did not see this on a new workspace, and you confirmed that it happened on two different charts with different indicators on both charts, is this correct?

Comment

Patrick,

1. Correct - on a brand new workspace with new charts with zero indicators or drawings this does not happen at all.
                      2. Correct - I typically have 4 chart windows and 1 SuperDOM window open at a time. The chart windows each have multiple tabs, and the SuperDOM window also has 2 tabs.

Of the two windows where this happens I have tick charts. I have tabs with a 500 tick and a 2000 tick chart on each with candlestick bars. Neither of these 2 windows share any indicators, yet the
                      chart stops on both at different times (not the same times).

I have tried the "try / catch" method and I do not catch any errors whatsoever. The indicators work perfectly - not a single flaw in the indicators, just the chart stops.

Adam

Comment

Hello armybender,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you send us your workspace files to test this on our end with your set up?
                        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support-> Other files-> 'Workspace files and UI settings'-> Send. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1557335'.

Comment

I submitted this last night, just so you are aware. I sent it through the NT platform.

Comment

Hello armybender,

Thank you for your response.

It appears we did not receive the files. May we ask you to go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces on your PC and then attach the workspace you use to your response or a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1557335'?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

armybender,

We did receive the files. I will follow up with you here shortly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses