X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bltdavid
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. In both help guides, it is stated that reloading will cause "the base interval unit (minute bars for a 5 minute chart for example) will be reloaded for all charts of the same instrument". This is enough information in most cases.
    Brett replied that overhauling documentation is planned but delayed due to NT8.

No problem, things take time, I fully understand. Just thought I add these counter-points for when the documentation is revisited.

I mean, these are just some helpful notes for the sake of posterity:

1. The "Reload All Historical Data" command is intimately related to the "Days to Load" setting in the "Data Series" dialog, so some mention of this direct connection would be useful in the documentation.
    2. For purposes of downloading data, "All" is defined as the highest "Days to Load" setting for all charts with the same base interval unit.
    3. Finally, "all charts" means all chart windows in all open workspaces, including minimized chart windows.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
    Exactly my point.

In reality, reload == download, yet the documentation does not come out and just say that.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We will track this suggestion and if more users find the wording to be ambiguous we will make a change.

Leave a comment:

• bltdavid
    replied
    The help guide is intended to get users up and running with NinjaTrader. It is not intended to explain every function of NinjaTrader in detail with all calculations available.
    I'll take that as sarcasm, since that is not what I am suggesting.

An extra paragraph or two explaining some additional details can go a long way, especially when you, Patrick, are asleep or enjoying your weekend.

Leave a comment:

• bltdavid
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion. In both help guides, it is stated that reloading will cause "the base interval unit (minute bars for a 5 minute chart for example) will be reloaded for all charts of the same instrument". This is enough information in most cases.
    Exactly my point.

In reality, reload == download, yet the documentation does not come out and just say that.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
    I submit that the option to "Reload All Historical Data" in the context right-click menu in the chart deserves better documentation.

See this documentation page:

See discussion from this thread:

In fact, both NT7 and NT8 could use some refinement on this topic.

The help guide is intended to get users up and running with NinjaTrader. It is not intended to explain every function of NinjaTrader in detail with all calculations available. This is the function of the Support Team. I will bring this up to the Product Management Team.

If you have specific questions which are not clarified, it will be answered on the forums as it was in your example. Alternatively, you can write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for further clarification.

Leave a comment:

• "Reload All Historical Data" Needs Better Documentation

I submit that the option to "Reload All Historical Data" in the context right-click menu in the chart deserves better documentation.

See this documentation page:

See discussion from this thread:

In fact, both NT7 and NT8 could use some refinement on this topic.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
172 responses
0 likes
Last Post sidlercom80  
Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM