X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display single value on the SuperDom

Hi
    I am using NT8 with the superdom
    In the superdom window there is a box (just above the instrument) in which ninja display the unrealized PNL of the current open position according to the price where the market is.
    I have a logic in column indicator which calculates the PNL of the position since it was open as a function of the current market price. I want to display that (single value) PNL according to current market price on the superdom in a new box or in the same box ninja use to display the PNL of open position.
    How do I do it ?

Hello doron, and thank you for your question.

If you would like to add custom columns to the SuperDOM, you can accomplish this through NinjaScript. Please review the code in this example which adds a T&S window to the SuperDOM. This can be adapted to add an indicator column.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

as i stated in my original post
      i am not looking for a new column with a list of boxes one per each price
      i would like to a single "box" in which from a column indicator i will be able to set any value i wish .

Comment

Hello doron,

The example I provided was not meant as a literal example. Rather it was intended to show how the SuperDOM could be extended with custom programming.

To make sure I understand our goal correctly, am I correct in assuming that we would like to have a single numeric value added to the SuperDOM similar to the value that would show in a Market Analyzer's Indicator Column?

If this is the case, you can accomplish this as follows :

• Creating a subclass that extends SuperDomColumn
        • Adding an OnStateChange, OnMarketData, OnRender, and OnBarUpdate method as needed
        • Adding customization properties and data series as needed

The provided code provides a very good skeleton for such a project. To begin refactoring, you would want to change the priceOutput member from a List<PriceOutput> to a single PriceOutput value. You will then want to study the code on line 74, and modify this so that it uses the output of your custom PnL indicator, or any other value you wish.

Please let us know if we can help with this process with any specific questions that come up.

Comment

In the superdom ninja dispaly the unrealized PNL of an open position
          or the current realized PNL when no position is opened.
          I want to replace ninja use the same cell and write in the same Cell value that i will generate and that ninja will not update it .
          if that is not possible i want to create a new single cell which will be located just bellow the cell in which ninja update the PNL value and i will be able to update its value .

Comment

Hello doron,

The method for extending the SuperDOM supported by the documentation is to make new SuperDOM columns. To go above and beyond this and modify the SuperDOM itself, I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This user would like to be able to modify the SuperDOM programmatically
            I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hello doron,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1575

Please be aware that this type of feature is a lower priority, and that you may have more timely and favorable results if you create a user add-on. We are happy to answer specific programming and NinjaScript questions as they come during the development process should you chose to take this route.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

great thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post usazencort