Bug: False contract month loaded via Tools -> Historical -> Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: False contract month loaded via Tools -> Historical -> Load

I have the habit of downloading data via the Historical Data Manager.

I have just tried to downloand data for ZB 12-16 via Tools -> Historical Data -> Load.

This did not work, but the data manager downloaded ZB 09-16 instead.

Impossible to load data for ZB 12-16.

The data base remains empty.

Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this. Testing this I see the same on my end. I was able to circumvent this by changing my MergePolicy to DoNotMerge( you can change this by going to Tools > Option >Market Data > Global Merge Policy) and then downloading data for the ZB 12-16.
    I will be reporting this to our development team on if this is expected behavior as this works regardless of the merge policy in NinjaTrader 7.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply!

It is important that this works regardless of the merge policy selected,

If I want to download data for the current contract only, then I would open a chart instead.

When I download historical data via the historical data manager, I am downloading several contracts in parallel. I do not want to have an empty data base if I decide to use a different rollover date at a later stage!

The ways it is now implemented is not practical. I would need to change my merge policy to DoNotMerge every morning when downloading data, and then change it back to MergeBackAdjusted for trading.

For me it is absolutely crucial that this is being changed! It was correctly implemented for NinjaTrader 7.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for reporting this. Testing this I see the same on my end. I was able to circumvent this by changing my MergePolicy to DoNotMerge( you can change this by going to Tools > Option >Market Data > Global Merge Policy) and then downloading data for the ZB 12-16.
      I will be reporting this to our development team on if this is expected behavior as this works regardless of the merge policy in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238