Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 13 ETA - Drawng Fix

Hey Guys,

Any ETA on Beta 13 and whether it will contain the fix for drawing objects getting distorted or relocated when changing timeframes?

This bug is a massive pain for me currently, it makes it so impossible to use NT8 efficiently.

Thanks,
    Rokz

Originally posted by IIIRokzIII View Post
    Hey Guys,

Any ETA on Beta 13 and whether it will contain the fix for drawing objects getting distorted or relocated when changing timeframes?

This bug is a massive pain for me currently, it makes it so impossible to use NT8 efficiently.

Thanks,
    Rokz
    We do not have a schedule which we follow to release new versions of the beta. We release new versions when we feel that enough improvements have been made to justify a new version. All fixes/improvements/changes are listed in the release notes of the versions.

I know of the issue you are referring to. To be certain, can you tell me the exact steps to recreate what you are referring to so I may test on our latest internal build?

Please start with step 1 as "Open NinjaTrader" > "Connect do data" > "Open a chart" etc. Be as specific and thorough as possible.

Comment

1. Open Ninja, open chart with candles on it.
      2. Add any indicator that draws on chart, I used SWING.
      3. Draw a few rectangles, and triangles.
      4. Now change to 240 then to 60 timeframes and be amazed at the objects moving all by themselves or getting completely skewed over the chart.

I think this bug is know about but I was wondering if it was a high priority. And hopefully it is.

Let me know how you go re-creating it. I thought it was an issue with my custom indicators, but it does the same with default indicators, anything that is AUTOMATICALLY drawn on the chart interferes with MANUALLY drawn objects when changing timeframe.

Thanks,
      Rokz

Comment

Originally posted by IIIRokzIII View Post
        1. Open Ninja, open chart with candles on it.
        2. Add any indicator that draws on chart, I used SWING.
        3. Draw a few rectangles, and triangles.
        4. Now change to 240 then to 60 timeframes and be amazed at the objects moving all by themselves or getting completely skewed over the chart.

I think this bug is know about but I was wondering if it was a high priority. And hopefully it is.

Let me know how you go re-creating it. I thought it was an issue with my custom indicators, but it does the same with default indicators, anything that is AUTOMATICALLY drawn on the chart interferes with MANUALLY drawn objects when changing timeframe.

Thanks,
        Rokz
        What is your original interval for your chart? 1 minute? 5 minutes?

What is the "snap mode" for your drawing objects? You can check this by clicking on the drawing tools icon > snap mode.

Can you provide screenshots of the before and after which you are experiencing in this test?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Comment

So were you unable to re-create it?

I just used the in-built 'Save Chart Image' works fantastic. Everything is DEFAULT, snap mode is Bar. The object that gets moved is random, yesterday the triangle was the object that got wrecked, this makes it hard to rely on as you cannot predict when it may happen. Currently having trouble re-creating the triangle to be moved, but I have seen it many times.

BEFORE - Using 60Min Interval

AFTER - Switching to 240Min Interval (Notice the rectangle)

AFTER - Switching back to 60Min Interval (Rectangle has moved again)

Thanks,
          Rokz

Comment

Thanks for the details.

On the latest internal build, I am unable to reproduce this. Please wait for the release of the next version of the beta and test once again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh