Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splits and Dividends

Good Morning:

NUGT and DUST did splits/reverse splits last night. I'm using Kinetick for data feed and have followed the instructions in the help guide. If I read the help guide Market Data section correctly, Kinetick daily historical data comes adjusted which it appears to be but the intraday data is not. So according to"Adding Splits and Dividends" following that procedure should work to correct the intraday data but I haven't got it to work.

How do I get the intraday data to adjust for the split? NUGT for example.

Thank-you.

Hello TraderJesse,

Thank you of your post,

First, I suggest making sure the split was added. To do this, go to Tools > Instruments > Search NUGT and double click to open the Instrument Editor. Scroll to the lower Splits and Dividends section > Splits. Single click to open the added splits. If there is no split added for 8.25.16, close the Splits window then press Update while connected to Kinetick.

I tired this on my end with Kinetick and did see the recent split added, make sure to then right click and Reload All Historical Data in your chart after adding the split.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No go

Eric:

Ok, I just tried that, splits shows zero and none when I open the Split Window, closed split window and hit update. Checked splits window again, nothing added. Still showing Zero. Tried it several times.

Disconnect/reconnect, close NT8/re-start NT8. closed all work spaces except one new WS with a single minute chart, no indicators. Repeat the Update splits process, still will not add the split.

Under Kinetick config I have "Use backadjusted data" checked.

Under tools>options>marketdata I have adjust for split intraday option checked.

Wondering what I have that is wrong?.

Windows 10
      NT8B12

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry to hear that didn't helped, based on what you're describing, you have taken all the correct steps to add the splits.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Log--> log.20160615.xxxxx for today.
        Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Trace--> trace.20160615.xxxxx for today.

Comment

FYI Eric:

I tried NT8 with a Yahoo connection, no change not updating.

I tried using NT7 with both Kinetick and Yahoo on NUGT, DUST, AAPL, and NFLX, none of the would update the splits or dividend either.

Comment

Hello TraderJesse,

Thank you for emailing us and your follow up,

I was able to check with our Development team and learned this is an item that will be fixed in our next release of NinjaTrader 8.

Also, there was a backend change regarding the Yahoo connection that prevents it sending splits and dividend information to NinjaTrader. There's not currently any data providers where dividends can be retrieved from; Kinetick and IQ Feed will be able to retrieve the last two splits after the next update.

Comment

Ok Eric
              Thank-you

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                There's not currently any data providers where dividends can be retrieved from
                Does this means dividends must be manually entered? Are there any plans to automate this again? Or workarounds to automate it ourselves?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

They can be manually entered, yes. See the below link on how to manually add. There is not likely a way to automate this again currently because it was due to a backend change with the connection itself that effected both 7 and 8, however our team does plan to revisit these items in the future.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nstruments.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JonesJoker  
                  Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                  0 responses