market replay does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay does not work

I use CQG, NT7. My system works fine for what I use it for. A friend told me to download a day from NT servers to see if my market replay works. His is 'not responding' when he downloads, starts the data feed, and uses the 'goto' command to specify time start. I tried to download a day from last week and mine too does not respond, and my system RAM goes to 90%. I don't know if after an hour or so it will finally work; I end task before that.

Could someone please explain what is happening in the system to cause this? Since we're both having the same issue I know others must be having the same problem.

We watched the videos on how to use market replay so I know we're both doing it right.

I would like an honest explanation covering all the possible causes of this behavior, because, as it is, this feature of NT is totally unusable.

Thank you.

Which symbol/contract/expiration are you downloading?

Comment

ES 09-16. I deleted everything in my data folder and downloaded 8/17/16.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your post,

To confirm, are you and your friend attempting this with NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8?

I was able to successfully download, connect and replay the data for ES 8.17.16 on my end.

We have seen this behavior before caused by an unstable connection to the historical data servers, or it may be the current workspaces are consuming large amounts of CPU.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We both use NT7. The download is the easiest part. Starting the replay connection causes 'does not respond'. Then, if that succeeds, using 'goto' to set the start time locks it up permanently and I have to end it. My CPU is not maxing out, it's my RAM.

How was the issue fixed when it happened before?
          Thanks.

Comment

I downloaded 8-17 ES 09-16, and don't have any issue with memory. Hmmm

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your reply,

Going forward, please make sure to post in the correct section of the forum -- this is the NinjaTrader 8 beta section.

We have seen where large databases of replay data can cause the initial connection behavior you have described. To test, please close NinjaTrader and remove or archive any older replay data found in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db > "data" folder.

Start NinjaTrader again and attempt connecting to Market Replay. We do advise using an alternate workspace for use with Replay, you may also force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspaces with the steps below.

1. Shut down NinjaTrader
              2. Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
              3. Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
              4. Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
              5. Select Rename
              6. Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
              7. After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Let me know the behavior you see with these steps.
              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post RubenCazorla  
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes