Internet Provider disconnect and Kinetick data feed freezes forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearingHH View Post
    When there IS data on the TCP data feed socket flowing and you get these freezes on the chart itself, I don't think that it would help to blow the sockets away. And as I noted before, this is ONLY a problem with NT8 (communication-wise). Must be something else in your case.
    thanks... for your info you are probably correct, my issue is probably different to yours... im always hopeful that there is a fix for my Green Light of Death.

Comment

you are correct it doesnt work for me.....I can update the charts by Reloading history but there is no chance of FXCM reestablishing a connection to NT charts ect.

The data is flowing between FXCM and NT but NT can no longer use it....... TCPView shows the sent and received packets.

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
        you are correct it doesnt work for me.....I can update the charts by Reloading history but there is no chance of FXCM reestablishing a connection to NT charts ect.

The data is flowing between FXCM and NT but NT can no longer use it....... TCPView shows the sent and received packets.
        any other tricks i could try to reestablish NT's data flow to my chart and strategies

hate not being able to fix the Green light of death.

Comment

ok i can still submit live orders to FXCM which they receiving. but they show as a yellow box "Submitted" on the order page.

strategies are not updating
          charts not updating.

Comment

I disconnect from FXCM Live and CurrPorts still show there are still live connections from FXCM.
            I can not reconnect to the live account
            I can reconnect and disconnect from the demo

Comment

I have now also observed the same issue with NinjaTrader 7.

That said I have been using NinjaTrader 7 for years and never had a problem before. The problem is related to the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

The problem occurs when I leave NinjaTrader running and go away, then come back.
              Both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 freeze. With freeze I mean that all windows are unresponsive and cannot be moved or reduced. Needed to force NT7 to close via the Windows task manager.

However, prior to freezing there are a few last messages of death on the log and trace files (NinjaTrader 7):

Log file:

"Unable to load server side config file. The connection with the remote server can not be established".

Trace file:

I have attached the relevant section of the trace file below.

So I would like to confirm that the issue that I have observed is not specific to NinjaTrader 8, but that the problem occurs with both NT7 and NT8.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Harry; 10-12-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Please contact us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we may further assist you.
                Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After all here is a video that demonstrates the original problem of this thread with VMware for the ease of use and that you would believe that the connection is not active anymore. Its the same on my notebook when I disable WLAN over the hardware switch or disconnect my router from the internet.

I could record this for a long time and NT8 wouln't recognize the disconnect. All other programs like TWS for example would do it instantly - even NT7 did.
                  Last edited by BearingHH; 10-23-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Hasadafa  
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive