Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z-order on to scales

Hi,

If I put price on the default right scale and volume on the left scale, in the same window, the volume bars overwrite the price bars. You cannot see them. click and shift-scroll on either the vol bars or price bars does not resolve. I wonder if this only works for items in the same scale?

How to fix? Example below

When I test this on my end, I am able to adjust the Z-order of the chart.

When you left-click on the data series bars or VOL indicator and use SHIFT+scroll wheel, do you see the "Level X of X" appear next to your mouse pointer? If so, does it change when scrolling up or down and not change the actual Z-order?

Does this occur on a new chart window?

Comment

Hi,

Normally I'd expect to see the x of x as it changes, but I do not. These 2 things, price and volume are the only things I have on the chart. The series, either vol or price is selected when you click on it. Perhaps it sees only 1 item per scale? I can use thing method fine on some other larger charts I have that have some indicators. Just not these mini charts. I have re-created them all today as part of another issue, but it made no difference. Small chart, single data series, VOL the only indicator added. Pretty simple.Resizing the window does not appear to make any difference.

I just figured out how to recreate the issue (it may be a bug in NT8). Add a single data series (anything with volume) to a chart. Add the vol indicator using the left hand scale in the same window as the data series. Click the right hand scale F so it auto scales. Manually scale the left hand scale so it is fixed. If you do this, zorder via the shift-ctrl no longer works.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post

I just figured out how to recreate the issue (it may be a bug in NT8). Add a single data series (anything with volume) to a chart. Add the vol indicator using the left hand scale in the same window as the data series. Click the right hand scale F so it auto scales. Manually scale the left hand scale so it is fixed. If you do this, zorder via the shift-ctrl no longer works.
        I have tested on NT8 Beta 12 and also our internal build and I am unable to reproduce this behavior.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1564275 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno