Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future hours on X-axis in NT8 Beta.

Hello.
    I need to set future bar background color. I can do that by setting negative BarsAgo in Drawing Object settings. But I can't see it before it becomes current bar. Is there way to see future hours/minutes on X-axis of chart?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I will need to confirm if this would be expected or not, I would guess this would be expected as there is not built or building bar in a future bar slot.

Once I have further information on the expectation here I will reply back.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

I had suggested that NT make its charts operate something more like ThinkOrSwim's charts do in order to solve this as well as some other issues.

I could envision charts with a margin still printing bars into the margin area, but constantly maintaining the scroll position in such a way that the margin area is unfilled.

This would enable you to see when bars and indicators get printed in that area and it would still enable people to have a margin to have some blank space to the right of the bars.

Adam

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I had received more detail on this topic, looking deeper, setting a -negative barsAgo value will actually extend the brush series array and the value will be set as you are expecting but the platform was not designed with this use case in mind. I do not know what implications extending the brush series array beyond the Bars.CurrentBar/Count would have aside from not being rendered.

In general, we do not support using -negative barsAgo indexes also there is no documented expectations for negatives being used in this way. The only negative barsAgo concept that is supported would be with the Draw.Methods() to draw a drawing tool into the future - but even then the logic is not predictable because it is so unpredictable to guess the time of a future bars.

Because there is no real support in place for this concept already, you may be able to achieve a similar result using the OnRender method and rending to the ChartPanel rather than using a BarSlots, but this would also entail that you account for all of the chart scaling types etc which could be extremely difficult.

I will put in a feature request for further support for future index locations.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Quanto, Today, 02:17 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, 04-25-2024, 03:58 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes