Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to catch and manage an manual order by program in NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to catch and manage an manual order by program in NT8?

Hi,

I want to know if is possible to catch and manage an manual order by program in NT8. How, if it's possible?

Thanks,

Michel

Michel,

Yes, I believe you can do this using the OnOrderUpdate() method. You could use "myOrder = order" and then interact with the order from that point.

I have been pursuing something similar and have found that as a way to accomplish interacting with manual orders.

Adam

Comment

Hello Michel,

Thank you for your post.

OnOrderUpdate() would not work for manually placed orders in a strategy. You can learn more at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rderupdate.htm

You may look into SuperDOM columns for OnOrderUpdate for manually placed orders: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rderupdate.htm

Comment

Patrick, yes, thank you for the clarification. I have discovered this is only possible with an indicator - the strategy limits you to interacting with only strategy orders, but the indicator (I believe, or at least initial testing shows it is possible) that you CAN capture manual orders as long as you use an indicator to do it, not a strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by armybender View Post
          Patrick, yes, thank you for the clarification. I have discovered this is only possible with an indicator - the strategy limits you to interacting with only strategy orders, but the indicator (I believe, or at least initial testing shows it is possible) that you CAN capture manual orders as long as you use an indicator to do it, not a strategy.
          Can you give me an example?

Comment

I have stopped development on this for the moment, but it boils down to using "Account" - there is another post on the forum that explains it too, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Basically, it's something like private override void OnAccountUpdate(Account ac..... something

I'll let you know if I find this again.

Comment

Hello armybender,

Thank you for your response.

What you refer to is from NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 8 you would access the Account object: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ount_class.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes