• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sync Problems RC1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sync Problems RC1

    In tabbed charts - if I change the ATM Strategy in one tab (GBPUSD) it changes all tabs (for any other currency I have open).

    If I place an order in the SuperDom, using an ATM strategy it doesn't place the indicators (SL Bar, Entry Bar & Profit Target bar) on the corresponding chart.

    This was present in 12 as well.

    One other oddity with tabbed charts - if I apply the ninZa quick drawing bar to one tab it copies the drawing bar to all the other tabs. The behavior seems to be that even though they are tabbed windows NT8 is seeing it as one window.

    Thanks

    Terence

    #2
    Hello Segwin,

    Thanks for your post.

    Regarding ATM strategies, are you saying that a live ATM strategy on one instrument is changed on another instrument? For example moving the stop or target on GBPUSD moves a stop or target on EURUSD? Or are you saying that you edit the ATM strategy parameter settings and save them and then observe that the same ATM strategy in another tab now has the new parameters? If this is the case then that would be expected behavior.

    Regarding Superdom and chart, To see the entry, profit and stop on the chart, the chart trader needs to be enabled on the chart and the charttrader must be on the same account as the superdom. Please advise if this does not resolve this issue.

    I would be unable to advise on 3rd party indicators and recommend that you send your query to the vendor.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello Segwin,

      Thanks for your post.

      Regarding ATM strategies, are you saying that a live ATM strategy on one instrument is changed on another instrument? For example moving the stop or target on GBPUSD moves a stop or target on EURUSD? Or are you saying that you edit the ATM strategy parameter settings and save them and then observe that the same ATM strategy in another tab now has the new parameters? If this is the case then that would be expected behavior.

      Regarding Superdom and chart, To see the entry, profit and stop on the chart, the chart trader needs to be enabled on the chart and the charttrader must be on the same account as the superdom. Please advise if this does not resolve this issue.

      I would be unable to advise on 3rd party indicators and recommend that you send your query to the vendor.
      Hi Paul,

      With regards to the ATM: Let's say I have ATM Strategy 1, 2 & 3.

      I have EURUSD, GBPUSD & NZDUSD open on 3 separate tabs. No orders are placed. I'm on the EURUSD tab and I change my ATM strategy to 1. If I go to the other tabs I note that they have all changed to one. If I'm in GBPUSD and I change that ATM to two I now note that the other two tabs have switched to two as well. I would think that changing one tab should not affect the other tabs (unless the currency is the same). I hope I'm making myself clear.

      Regarding the SuperDom: My bad - sorry. The SuperDom & Chart Trader had two different accounts showing. It works as it should.

      Thanks,

      Terence

      Comment


        #4
        Hello Segwin,

        Thanks for your reply.

        I have replicated the example (thanks for the explanation) and see the same thing. This does not happen if you pull one of the tabs out into its own window, only to tabbed charts. I will investigate this further and will update this thread when I have further information.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Paul,

          Not only does it affect the ATM part of the chart trader it also affects the Account tab as well. Change account in one tab and then all the tabs change as well.

          This really should be fixed - all tabbed charts should be independent from each other.

          Thanks,

          Terence
          Last edited by Segwin; 09-09-2016, 09:40 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello Segwin,

            Thanks for your post.

            While investigating your initial report I did note the same observations concerning account, ATM, order quantity and TIF setting.

            This situation is expected in a tabbed window with the chart trader. Development is looking into the possible implementation of the chart trader per tab. There is a feature request in place for this (SFT - 304) and I have added your vote and linked this thread to it.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
              Hello Segwin,

              Thanks for your post.

              While investigating your initial report I did note the same observations concerning account, ATM, order quantity and TIF setting.

              This situation is expected in a tabbed window with the chart trader. Development is looking into the possible implementation of the chart trader per tab. There is a feature request in place for this (SFT - 304) and I have added your vote and linked this thread to it.
              Hi Paul,

              Any news on this?

              Thank you,

              Terence

              Comment


                #8
                Segwin,

                This would be a longer term change in a grander scope. After release of NinjaTrader 8 and we had the chance to collect all feedback in this area and make changes as needed on the whole. This would be a change we would consider after release but is an area we're watching carefully.

                -Brett
                BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Segwin,

                  This would be a longer term change in a grander scope. After release of NinjaTrader 8 and we had the chance to collect all feedback in this area and make changes as needed on the whole. This would be a change we would consider after release but is an area we're watching carefully.

                  -Brett
                  Hi Brett,

                  That's a shame. Twice now I've been bit by this problem when action is moving quickly. Not funny when $$ is on the line.

                  Let me ask this; is this problem fixable?

                  Thanks,

                  Terry

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sure we could make changes there, however we're gathering feedback to see the number of people that like how it is vs don't like. Since we have some traders which actually like how it is now.
                    BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Assume having a 1-min-Crude Oil-futures chart in one tab and a monthly APPL-chart in the other - the idea of trading both with the SAME chart trader settings / same strategy / same amount of contracts/shares is absolutely ridiculous. To me this looks much more like bad software development, not understanding the target environment. Even IF there are a few users who like the current behavior, "good software developing" would provide a switch in properties ("keep chart trader in synch Y/N") at least. In my eyes, there is NO need to wait for "enough voters" to change this, since it is just a very, very obvious conceptional failure.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hello Brett,

                        Since you are looking for feedback - I'd like to express my disappointment with the current format.
                        Please add my vote for a change or have an option to switch under Properties as Ronny has suggested.

                        Thanks,
                        Eric

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
                          Assume having a 1-min-Crude Oil-futures chart in one tab and a monthly APPL-chart in the other - the idea of trading both with the SAME chart trader settings / same strategy / same amount of contracts/shares is absolutely ridiculous. To me this looks much more like bad software development, not understanding the target environment. Even IF there are a few users who like the current behavior, "good software developing" would provide a switch in properties ("keep chart trader in synch Y/N") at least. In my eyes, there is NO need to wait for "enough voters" to change this, since it is just a very, very obvious conceptional failure.
                          Thank you.

                          Here is the best/worst example of this bug. I have three tabs open. First tab is for my live account on the EUR, second and third tabs are for my Sim account for testing different strategies on AUD & NZD.

                          I change to my live account on the first tab and then they ALL change to my live account. I switch the second tab back to Sim then they ALL change to Sim. This behavior is unacceptable for the obvious reasons.

                          Comment

                          Latest Posts

                          Collapse

                          Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by NW Trader, Today, 03:42 PM
                          1 response
                          3 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
                          Started by ralett, Today, 01:42 PM
                          1 response
                          3 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
                          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 01:33 PM
                          1 response
                          5 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
                          Started by dkbyond, Yesterday, 04:11 PM
                          1 response
                          20 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                          Started by w0lverine, Yesterday, 08:22 PM
                          1 response
                          8 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                          Working...
                          X