Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoscale issue in new NT8

Hi,

I am seeing unexpected autoscale issues. Seems as thought NT is autoscalling to draw objects that are to the left of the chart

See this video for explanation.

Marty.

Hello marty087, and thank you for your report.

I would first like to mention that your indicator has its own auto-scale setting, which may be affecting our results.

So that we can have a clean test, I am including an indicator which draws a spike every 30 minutes. Could I ask you to load a 1 minute chart with no template, indicators, strategies, or custom bar types applied, and to then load this indicator, and set it to draw in the first price panel? Please make sure the indicator's autoscale property is checked?

If you still see this behavior on your end with the indicator I am sending you, we will need to investigate your Ninja installation more carefully. Otherwise, we will need to investigate your indicator and indicator properties.

Thank you again for using NinjaTrader 8. I look forward to assisting further.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jessica. I hadnt noticed the autoscale setting in the properties section of the indicator. This was the cause.

Comment

Draw.Text not working correctly when AutoScale parameter set to true

There is a newly created AutoScale problem for NT8 RC1, whereas NT8 B12 was not having this problem.

When you use Draw.Text at least twice in the indicator code and set the AutoScale parameter to true, the chart will not be displayed properly

- when the indicator is added to a chart
        - when the chart is refreshed via F5

The chart is vertically compressed. It is no more possible to move the chart with the arrow keys or to use the PageUp and PageDown keys (see first screenshot).

Horizontal scrolling is possible with the mouse. As soon as the chart is horizontally moved via the mouse it is again ok (see second screenshot).

I have added a test indicator which should show the problem.

Edit: When saving the image via "Save Chart Image", the compression is not shown! I have now taken a screenshot via Windows Print command to show the problem.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Harry; 10-02-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Yes, actually. Spoke too soon, the issue does still exist and as Harry says, this is was not a problem in the previous release of NT8.

Comment

Hello Harry,

I am not sure if I was able to see quite what you were seeing on my end, so I prepared a short video. Could I ask you to review this video and let me know if I needed to do anything else to reproduce this? Thanks both for your report and for using NinjaTrader 8.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello Jessica,

I watched your video, but had the impression that there was no compression at all, or that the compression would go away by itself.

On my chart the compression would remain until the chart is horizontally scrolled. It is definitely a bug, but I am not sure that it can be reproduced on all machines.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
              Hello Harry,

I am not sure if I was able to see quite what you were seeing on my end, so I prepared a short video. Could I ask you to review this video and let me know if I needed to do anything else to reproduce this? Thanks both for your report and for using NinjaTrader 8.

http://screencast.com/t/eryd5PCpN

Comment

Sometimes it helps if we are able to reproduce things on one system and not another if we are using the same installation. There are two ways to do this, and I would like to recommend both of them to get the greatest chance of success.

First, please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
                You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
                Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1565565
                Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
                IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

With the database file that sends me, I should be able to repeat your installation on my end.

Once that is done, would it be possible to ask you to move your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to your Desktop, reinstall NinjaTrader 8, and let us know if this occurs in a clean installation? Once you have verified, you can restore your existing installation by renaming your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder, and then by moving your NinjaTrader 8 folder from your desktop to your (My) Documents folder.

Thanks once again for your report and for using NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Jessica, I won't be able to send you any files until Monday, as I am not in my office. Will come back next week.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                  Sometimes it helps if we are able to reproduce things on one system and not another if we are using the same installation. There are two ways to do this, and I would like to recommend both of them to get the greatest chance of success.

First, please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
                  You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
                  Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1565565
                  Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
                  IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

With the database file that sends me, I should be able to repeat your installation on my end.

Once that is done, would it be possible to ask you to move your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to your Desktop, reinstall NinjaTrader 8, and let us know if this occurs in a clean installation? Once you have verified, you can restore your existing installation by renaming your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder, and then by moving your NinjaTrader 8 folder from your desktop to your (My) Documents folder.

Thanks once again for your report and for using NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Terrific, I look forward to assisting further

Comment

Hello Harry,

While any information you can provide will always be appreciated, this behavior was actually confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: 10506

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ghoul
                      by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM