Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Fibonacci Tool Useage Efficiency

Hi,

This request may seem rather silly to some but...

Using Fibs (and possibly some other tools I am not aware of) in NT7 was rather efficient due to being able to simply double click and untick levels with ease. In NinjaTrader 8 we now have an extra few steps which makes this task rather in-efficient and more tedious.

Are we able to get this changed to have something similar to what we had in NT7?

Hopefully this does not seem petty but I definitely prefer how this was handled in NT7 for this tool.

Thanks,
    Rokz

Rokz,

I agree - I much prefer the way NT7 handles the Fibonacci Tools !!

Eric

Comment

Hello |||Rokz|||,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1222

Your vote has been added. Please let us know if there is any other way we can help
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can understand, what you mean, but I see also positives of existing configuration.

Negatives in NT8:
        • hiding some fibo line, requires +3 more clicks

Positives in NT8:
        • we can add unlimited custom lines. (Old NT7 had only fixed number of 10 predefined lines.)
        • I appreciate the simplicity and consistency of dialogs across whole NT8. It makes everything same, clear and easy to use.

It can be discussed (I am also not sure), what is better in the long-term for NT8 users...

Comment

Originally posted by misova View Post
          I can understand, what you mean, but I see also positives of existing configuration.

Negatives in NT8:
          • hiding some fibo line, requires +3 more clicks

Positives in NT8:
          • we can add unlimited custom lines. (Old NT7 had only fixed number of 10 predefined lines.)
          • I appreciate the simplicity and consistency of dialogs across whole NT8. It makes everything same, clear and easy to use.

It can be discussed (I am also not sure), what is better in the long-term for NT8 users...

Your implying that we are requesting the exact system NT7 used. For someone that uses Fibs for EVERYTHING, and needs to turn off an on different levels. NT8 IS a step backwards in EFFICIENCY.

I am requesting the system be similar to how NT7 was, double-click then tick and un-tick the levels you want, more or less level can also be added.

Comment

Yes. I agree with you now.

After using it for last 2 days, I change my mind and I find it very annoying too,
            because the new dialog is slowing me down too much, compared to the old NT7 dialog.

The Fibo is very frequently used by many traders.
            That is the reason, why it needs to be optimized to be easy to use tool.

Current state is, that using this indicator requires 2-3x more clicks,
            than in NT7, what is negative surprise for us - new users of NT8.
            This adds to negative experience and should be fixed.

Add my strong vote to revisit this Fibo dialog, so we can execute the most common operation (hide/change the lines) in max 1-2 clicks.

As there are thousands of Fibo users, optimizing Fibo dialog will significantly add to positive experience with NT8 during daily work.
            Last edited by misova; 09-07-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexAuCost