NTB13 - Index was out of range changing wick/body color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTB13 - Index was out of range changing wick/body color

I created a new chart, went into data series, changed the body and wick color to DIM GRAY.

Index issue:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Code:
    2016-09-04 12:59:45:589 (Playback Connection) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus.DispatcherInvoke: Playback status=Disconnected priceStatus=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting previousPriceStatus=Disconnecting errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
    2016-09-04 12:59:45:589 NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Using args status=Disconnected
    2016-09-04 12:59:45:589 (Playback Connection) Cbi.Connection.ConnectionStatusCallback.Close8
    2016-09-04 13:00:46:061 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2016-09-04 13:00:46:061 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    2016-09-04 13:00:46:067 System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.RefreshBars(IEnumerable`1 added, IEnumerable`1 changed, ChartObjectCollection`1 removed, ChartObjectCollection`1 final, Boolean force, Boolean allowRecalculateRatios, Boolean redistributeIndicators, Boolean callInitializeBars)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<OnDataSeriesHotKey>b__0()
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnDataSeriesHotKey(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartCommands.DataSeriesExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
       at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
       at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
       at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
       at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
       at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
       at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
       at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Can not reproduce.

Restarted and in Untitled workspace as before - and connected/disconnected Playback, no candles loaded (no historical data), so far so good.

The only reason I made a new chart, was because in the previous workspace - my trades were no longer showing on the chart.

Comment

Got it.

Do not connect to playback.

In untitled, add new chart ES09-16.

Default should be 1 minute.
      Click Preset Minute, Restore (It doesn't look like I have a preset previously saved).
      Change to 30 second.
      Click Preset Second, Restore (It doesn't look like I have a preset previously saved).
      Change back to 1 minute chart.
      Change Body/Wick color to DimGray.
      Click OK.

EXCEPTION.

Comment

Hello sledge,

First, thank you for laying out those easy to follow steps. I am posting a recording of a video where I tried to repeat them, and was unable to reproduce what you were seeing on your end. I was wondering if you could review and critique this video, so that I can know if I did anything significantly differently from the way you were doing it which prevented me from seeing your results?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for all your help with NinjaTrader 8.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
          Hello sledge,

First, thank you for laying out those easy to follow steps. I am posting a recording of a video where I tried to repeat them, and was unable to reproduce what you were seeing on your end. I was wondering if you could review and critique this video, so that I can know if I did anything significantly differently from the way you were doing it which prevented me from seeing your results?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for all your help with NinjaTrader 8.

http://screencast.com/t/Z3pD4CwTq
          Looks about the same. I even tried with Sim Data Feed on my end. Still an error.

I made a video.

I am using NT8 64 bit though.
          edit: same result in 32 bit.
          Last edited by sledge; 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, at least I'm not going entirely crazy here thinking it's only me with these issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes