Please Add a Cancel Button back to Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Add a Cancel Button back to Strategy Analyzer

I know you used to have the feature. I start a back testing strategy and after hitting "Run" a cancel button would allow me to stop it. I am not sure who's idea was to remove it but for those of us that run strategies that take upwards of 12 hours - I sometimes realize I need to make a change and want to kill it. Doing so crashes the application.

Please add this feature back. Some of us actually do multiple complex strategies and need the ability to cancel 1 without killing the others processing.

Hello MarketAlly,

Thank you for your post.

Your vote has been added to this feature request under the ID SFT-1359.

Comment

I second that. Also, could you add some sort of process bar or a spinning wheel. Anything that shows that it is working and not hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by cutzpr View Post
        I second that. Also, could you add some sort of process bar or a spinning wheel. Anything that shows that it is working and not hung up.
        It would be ideal to have the current date it is processing rather than a spinner.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketAlly View Post
            I know you used to have the feature. I start a back testing strategy and after hitting "Run" a cancel button would allow me to stop it. I am not sure who's idea was to remove it but for those of us that run strategies that take upwards of 12 hours - I sometimes realize I need to make a change and want to kill it. Doing so crashes the application.

Please add this feature back. Some of us actually do multiple complex strategies and need the ability to cancel 1 without killing the others processing.
            Which "Cancel" button are you referring to in NinjaTrader 7?

With NT7 there is no "Cancel" button for a backtest however, there is an "Abort" button that shows up in the Control Center after running an Optimization.

With NT8, this is the same however, the "Abort" button shows up in the same place as the "Run" button as per the image.
            Attached Files
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cutzpr View Post
              Please see my last post. The image shows the progress bar. Was this what you were looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                Which "Cancel" button are you referring to in NinjaTrader 7?

With NT7 there is no "Cancel" button for a backtest however, there is an "Abort" button that shows up in the Control Center after running an Optimization.

With NT8, this is the same however, the "Abort" button shows up in the same place as the "Run" button as per the image.
                Yes - Abort is fine. Ideally the "running label will have the month/day incrementing as it completes each day.

Comment

Please see my last post. The image shows the progress bar. Was this what you were looking for?
                  Note the progress bar is only for multiple iterations but I have strategies that take 10-14 hours to complete on standard - no iterations.

Comment

here is what I see

Comment

There is no Abort button on a backtest only on an Optimization. This is the same as NT7.

Comment

There is no Abort button on a backtest only on an Optimization. This is the same as NT7.
                        Hence my request. If I want to stop a strategy running, I cannot. My strategies take hours to run and if I want to run more than 1 - I cannot cancel one without crashing the app.

A status of what date it is on and an Abort button would be ideal. Some of us developers really need this.

Comment

Hence my request. If I want to stop a strategy running, I cannot. My strategies take hours to run and if I want to run more than 1 - I cannot cancel one without crashing the app.

A status of what date it is on and an Abort button would be ideal. Some of us developers really need this.
                          Thanks for the clarification. Your original post suggested that we removed a feature which is why I was confused. Understand you now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post r68cervera  
                          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes