NT8 Historical data time stamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Historical data time stamps?

So I took the plunge this weekend and am running NT 8 in demo on my laptop (while my main desktop runs a full license of NT7).

I noticed that when connected in real time the data showed correct time stamps - while the historical data was some other time stamp that really didn't make any sense because it didn't even line up with the accurate NT7 charts.

I tried and tried to to reload historical data and even uninstalled and deleted NT8 directories and reinstalled from scratch after the market closed today 9/5.

What you see in the top pane is NT8 demo historical and in the lower pane, NT7 real-time. Both from Continuum. I haven't played around with any settings, so I am using the defaults. Both panes should look identical.
    Other than that, the software seems to work well.

Is there any NT8 settings I should be aware of? Should I just use the platform for Market Replay for now? It seems to run nicely.

Thanks!
    Bob
    Attached Files

Fixed by Changing "Trading Hours" template

So today I copied and renamed the trading hours template used for the above chart and changed times to local PC time (Pacific) and applied to chart. Exited NT8. Deleted db\cache\ files and restarted NT8.

Fixed.

Closed NT8. Shut off Laptop. Will re-visit NT8 after next release.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-06-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for reporting the problem you ran into. We're finishing up some last data resolution items in preparation for our production release of NinjaTrader 8. Unfortunately we let slip an historical server which had time zone set incorrectly. This resulted in the 6 hours off behavior you saw with time stamps in charts. The problem was corrected at 8:00 o clock today by taking that server out of the rotation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes