Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Price Alert in NT8?

Guys,

NT7 had a simple, line price alert indicator that you could click on the chart & then drag up & down to signal pullbacks or whatever, and that would automatically reset. I can't find anything in NT8. Is this still offered? Thanks.

Hello billwarren6,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
    This customer would like the PriceAlert indicator updated for NinjaTrader 8, or would like NT8 alerts which can be attached to chart elements and triggered by price - chart element crossovers

In the meantime I would like to invite you to check out NinjaTrader 8's new and improved Alert functionality.

I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 09-06-2016, 07:46 AM.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello billwarren6,

I have provided a short video where I demonstrate using new NinjaTrader 8 Alerts to provide the same functionality the indicator you mentioned previously has.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I absolutely cannot get your new price alert method to work like the NT7 Price Alert Indicator no matter what settings I change. Why does it have to be so hard to set up a simple alert? I just want to be able to set a simple line up above the current price or down below the current price on the chart & have an alarm go off when the line is touched by price. The NT7 alert attaches(snaps) to the nearest price point so you don't have to be 100% accurate, has a price marker, it goes off if touched, you don't have to have it cross thru, it resets for both above & below current prices just be dragging it up or down, & I can install it on any chart without having to go thru all these different settings. Please bring this back as a a standard indicator & maybe offer all the changes as OPTIONS so at least a person has something that works. Why you would make us go thru all the settings up front is beyond me, especially since it doesn't look we can save it as a default indicator to install on other charts. KEEP IT SIMPLE! Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for this additional feedback billwarren6, and for continuing to help us improve NinjaTrader. This reply has been forwarded to our product teams.

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
            Thank you for this additional feedback billwarren6, and for continuing to help us improve NinjaTrader. This reply has been forwarded to our product teams.
            I would like to add that I also use this feature, but it would be even more useful to me if the option for making it "once only" or "always on" were available. I sometimes use it to alert me when a level in an oscillating instrument (such as prem, tick, etc.) has been reached, and I would like it to alert me each time that happens. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888