not maximize in monitor portrait mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not maximize in monitor portrait mode

Charts, DOM and T&S (I tried) won't maximize in the portrait mode of the monitor. I have 1920x1200 resolution. They stuck to about 60-70% of the total length of the monitor - and won't expand. Lengthwise is the problem, sidewise are OK.

astra, thank you for your post!

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you testing? You may find this by navigating to the Control Center -> Help > About. An example would be 8.0.0.13.

So that I may attempt reproducing on my end, how are you attempting to expand the windows you specified? Are you able to click on the edges of the window and drag to the size of your monitor?

Could you please provide me of a screenshot?
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

astra,

As a follow-up, I found that this is a limitation that NinjaTrader has. If a chart or other windows are opened on a primary monitor set to Landscape then moved to a secondary monitor set to Portrait there are instances where when maximized the NinjaTrader window does not expand the entire height of the monitor.

If you have a monitor set to portrait, here are two workarounds. You can set the monitor that's set to portrait to your default so that when you open windows, it opens on the monitor that's set to portrait or you can size the windows manually by unmaximizing the windows and then clicking on the edges of the NinjaTrader windows to fit the screen.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This sounds like related to the issue of temporary loss of maximize even when landscape and changing across monitors issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Riley,
          Sorry for the late reply. The version is the latest one, RC1. The test was done on one display, switching from landscape to portrait with NT already running. When maximizing the whatever NT window, sidewise the window fills up to monitor edges, but lengthwise it stays to about top 70% of the total length of the display.
          Dragging on the edges works but again up to same length limit as of the maximizing. You can move this 70% limited window, up and down, left and right around the screen but won't expand beyond this limit. Over the weekend I'll test it over two monitors and let you know

Comment

Fixed

The problem is now fixed. All windows maximize in portrait mode as it should be. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ons/icon14.png

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick