• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

playback with historical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback with historical

I'm unable to get historical playback to work for dates earlier than Jan 2016 even though I have minute data going back as far as 2005.
    What data does playback historical mode need to work? Is it minute data or does it need tick data? When I click the start drop down in the playback box I can only select dates back to Jan 2016, so what is limiting the available playback date?
    Also, after a fresh install of Ninja8 release candidate I had to use the historical data tool and download minute, tick, day, bid, ask, last, data for the instrument before I could use playback in historical mode. I guess I thought that if you can display the instrument on the chart then that meant that the data was available for playback but I'm not sure that's the case since I had to download the data before I could use playback in historical mode.
    Can you confirm that so I know that's required.
    Thanks

Hello,

When replaying data using the Historical option historical Tick data will be required. To download historical Tick data you can do this by loading a Tick chart or by downloading data within the Historical Data window directly.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gunter, Today, 12:18 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by aslane, Today, 02:27 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes