Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to RC1 caused problems

Hi,
    I just updated to RC1, and all my custom indicators disappeared.
    Both off the charts and out of the program altogether. I went into the indicator menu to reload them all, but not there any more. I did get a message when the install finished that there were custom assemblies that required re-compiling, or something like that? I assume it was referring to all the custom indicators, of which I had many.

Why is this? And what do I do to fix?

Or do I need to uninstall NT8 and all the related files and start over?
    I won't be happy if that's the case, I have put a lot of time into my set up.

Cheers,
    Ken.

Hi KennyK, I had the same problem. Download again the RC1 B13 version, because NT has a new version on the server. The answer is in this posting:

Christian

Comment

Hello KennyK,

Thanks for your post.

Please send your log and trace files to Platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with atten Paul and a link to this thread.
      The trace files can be found in Documents>Ninjatrader8>Trace
      The log files can be found in Documents>Ninjatrader8>log
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you have installed custom 3rd party Ninja Script files, it is possible that these files may not be compatible with NinjaTrader 8 beta versions. Because updating your beta version requires compilation of your entire NinjaScript library, you will first need to resolve the errors to allow for a successful update of all your custom NinjaScript files. If NinjaTrader 8 is unable to compile your NinjaScript assemblies due to a code breaking change, your indicators, strategies, and other custom NinjaScript files will not be accessible. However, it is worth noting that they are NOT lost and you can recover all of your files once you have identified and resolved the file which is generating the compilation errors.

To identify the offending files:

1. Open the NinjaScript Editor via the menu New > NinjaScript Editor
        2. Press the "F5" key on your keyboard to compile your NinjaScript library or right-click in the window and click "Compile". A list of errors will appear at the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor along with the file name where each error is located.
        3. If the file with errors was a NinjaScript you purchased, you can safely remove a protected assembly by going to Tools-> Remove NinjaScript Assembly and selecting "remove" for the name of the file with errors
        4. If this was a NinjaScript file shared for free (or you yourself have developed), please see the following post for further instructions http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showpost.php?p=413763&postcount=2
        5. Once the offending NinjaScript file has been removed, press "F5" from the NinjaScript editor and repeat until errors no longer exist.

Note: You will need to contact the developer or vendor to receive an updated copy of the NinjaScript file with errors which is compatible with the current beta release. We will always list any code breaking changes on our release notes for developers to identify and resolve for their custom NinjaScripts:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 09-20-2016, 04:21 PM.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

All fixed

This issue has been resolved.
          There was an indicator that was not compatible with the latest version.
          So I removed it and problem solved.
          Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses