X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_ZacharyG
    replied
    Hello db.mobile,

On Thursday, September 8, 2016, the CME Equities Index Futures rolled from the 09-16 expiry to the 12-16 expiry.

To ensure that your charts correctly reflect this rollover, you will need to manually configure the pre-defined rollover date in your NinjaTrader database.

Steps on how to do this in NinjaTrader 8 can be found at this advisory link: http://ninjatrader.com/Advisories/CME-9-16-2016

Please follow the steps specified in the advisory. Once you have done this, right-click on your chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Leave a comment:

• db.mobile
    replied
    .. further on "I suspect the custom chart style you are using "FTA Bars 4" is not taken into account the full price range at that specific period in time where the execution occurred"

Please see the new attachment .. This chart it is NOT using the FTA Bars.
    The execution price on the chart does match the actual execution price in the "Executions" tab in the Control Center.
    The arrow of the Entry price does match the correct price at that time.
    But then .. why the entry is not within the candlestick?
    Why this disconnect between the chart being plotted and the actual price ?
    This is an issue I keep heaving for many days.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• db.mobile
    replied
    yes, the chart plots the execution at the correct value included in the Executions Tab of the Control Center.

Before posting I questioned the maker of the candlestick, and I was assured that the execution is always within the candlestick bar . If price moves out of the regular bar height a new candlestick is automatically created.

As you pointed out, the time may play a role. Certainly it is not a NinjaTrader issue.

thank you for your help !

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Hi db.mobile,

Are the executions (transactions) prices correct? If you look at the Executions tab of the Control Center, you can verify the execution prices. Do they correlate to what you are seeing plotted on the chart? If yes, then the chart is accurate in that the execute is plotting on the correct value of the y-axis. I suspect the custom chart style you are using "FTA Bars 4" is not taken into account the full price range at that specific period in time where the execution occurred
    Optionally you can turn off the plotting of the executions which is a property of the Data Series on the chart.

Leave a comment:

• db.mobile
    started a topic price outside of the candlestick

price outside of the candlestick

I have multiple situations where the transaction is plotted on the chart out of the candlestick price. Please see attachment.
    How to avoid that ?
    Attached Files

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
47 responses
0 likes
Last Post aligator  
Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
0 responses
0 likes