NT8 RC1: Unhandled Exception Object reference not set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 RC1 has generated an Error: Unhandled exception: Object not set to an instance of an object.

This occurred when I was working with Workspaces. I saved an open workspace as another name and then returned to the original workspace at which time the error was generated.

Here is the associated error from the Trace file:

Code:
    2016-09-07 13:54:52:208 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2016-09-07 13:54:52:208 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-07 13:54:52:213 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.NTGrid.OnLoaded(Object s, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
       at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
       at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to gather more details on this.

I understand that you were working with the workspaces and had Saved a workspace as a new name, then changed workspaces. Could you tell me, are you able to do this process again using a new name and see the same result?

If so, could you provide steps for me to test with?

I tried a few ways of creating/renaming/switching on my end but so far do not have the correct combination of steps used to generate this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jesse.

It is now occurring on startup, so I will send you trace, log and workspace files by email.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Thank you,

I received the files and will follow up through email.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have now also experienced this exact same error. I searched on NTGrid to get here.

I had also saved my workspace after removing a chart and next restart produced this.

(Didn't happen on restart).

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
          NT8 RC1 has generated an Error: Unhandled exception: Object not set to an instance of an object.

This occurred when I was working with Workspaces. I saved an open workspace as another name and then returned to the original workspace at which time the error was generated.

Here is the associated error from the Trace file:

Code:
          2016-09-07 13:54:52:208 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
          2016-09-07 13:54:52:208 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          2016-09-07 13:54:52:213 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
             at NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.NTGrid.OnLoaded(Object s, RoutedEventArgs args)
             at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
             at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
             at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
             at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
             at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
             at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
             at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
             at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
             at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
             at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
             at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
             at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
             at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
             at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
             at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
             at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
          Thanks.

Comment

Have a similar, but not exactly same issue re "Object reference not set" exception, affecting indicators in NT8 RC1

• After NT restart, several indicator Input series are set to Close” (as opposed to the “@Instrument name, Close”) and unhandled exception “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” is thrown. The affected indicators fail to render. After re-assigning the input series through the Indicators menu, indicators render correctly
            • The issue typically affects random 2-3 indicators (out of, say, 8) on 2-3 charts (out, of, say 8) and repeats on NT re-starts irrespective of whether the workspace is saved after input series have been re-assigned in the previous NT session. Affected indicators can be both factory NT or user-coded

Also had a potentially related issue with not being able to assign any input series to Time and Sales outside session hours (ie, on Sat and Sun), this has gone away once markets re-opened. During market close, any new T&S window would typically throw same exception.

To me, looks like a bug with HDD stored workspace data reload after NT restart.

Comment

Originally posted by roman_ch View Post
              Have a similar, but not exactly same issue re "Object reference not set" exception, affecting indicators in NT8 RC1t.
              Please look in the trace file for the exact error.

Comment

Thanks. Re the missing input series for the indicators: please see call history in the attached file. It was incorrect: the first exception thrown is re index out of range and then the object reference (when the indicator menu is opened).
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion
                by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                0 responses