X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 RC1: Assertion Error

Hi.....

Sigh... more problems in RC1.....

So my scenario that I encountered is I rolled over my existing FGBL contract from 09-16 to 12-16 using the Tools -> Database Management -> Rollover option.

I opened a new FGBL 12-16 chart to verify the data is correct.

When I close the chart, these 2 errors popped up (please refer to screenshots)

I was also able to reproduce these errors on my demo cqg platform running NT8 RC1 also. So I don't think that this was due to my existing workspace or setup.

Please help me to resolve.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

One more

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but all these issues seem to have come after the upgrade to RC1.

So the scenario is, I already rolled over to the new Bund 12-16 contract, and I try to do a "Reload All Historical Data" on my chart and I get this assertion error (please see photo).

I was also able to reproduce this error on my Demo CQG with NT8 RC1 as well.

Just having all sorts of issues after this upgrade.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello KelvinKing,

Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
      You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
      Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1568303
      IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,

Files have been sent. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KelvinKing View Post
          I'm not sure if this is related or not, but all these issues seem to have come after the upgrade to RC1.

So the scenario is, I already rolled over to the new Bund 12-16 contract, and I try to do a "Reload All Historical Data" on my chart and I get this assertion error (please see photo).

I was also able to reproduce this error on my Demo CQG with NT8 RC1 as well.

Just having all sorts of issues after this upgrade.

Thanks!
          I have seen this error a number of times on both RC1 as well as beta 12 but have not been able to consistently reproduce it even if I follow the exact steps you have listed. With beta 12 I was ready to throw NT8 in the rubbish bin as every single day I had multiple crashes, freezes and non starts. This was despite multiple clean reinstalls where I deleted everything including the full NT8 documents directory. Oddly enough I am finding RC1 to be noticeably more stable that beta 12 so far so I won't open the rubbish bin yet. Admittedly after the data timestamp issue early this week I got close!

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses