Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke.Dispose()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke.Dispose()

After importing an indicator my client got this error. He is using NT8 RC1. The indicator was exported from RC1.

Code:
    2016-09-08 12:00:45:953|3|4|Indicator 'Sessions': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 107: Method not found: 'Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke.Dispose()'.
    2016-09-08 12:02:19:446|3|4|Indicator 'Sessions': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 8: Method not found: 'Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke.Dispose()'.
    2016-09-08 12:02:19:449|0|4|Unhandled exception: Method not found: 'Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke.Dispose()'.
    I dont use Stroke.Dispose() method directly. How can I detect where is a problem code situated?

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

There is a known code breaking change revolving around Strokes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...s/8_0_0_13.htm

Can you confirm, does this only occur on the users system or does this occur on any system that utilizes the indicator?

If this happens on any system, it is likely one of the items being used in the indicator. To locate the problem, you would likely need to comment out the code used until it is able to compile and apply successfully. Once you reach this point, you could uncomment the code until you reach the problem.

If this is only happening on the users system, this may be a problem with the users installation or items that are currently installed in which the indicator uses. It may be suggested for the user to write in so we could provide steps to have the user check the platform or re install the platform to ensure all files are updated.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

Thank you for the fast answer. I can't repeat this error on any other PCs. I think it is only happening on the users system.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Because this is isolated to one computer, I would suggest to have the user email platform support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Also have the user include a link to: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=89303 that way I can continue to assist.

Likely the users installation contains some older version of a file that is trying to be used or a incomplete upgrade. We can attempt a clean install for the user first to verify this, in the case a clean install works we could determine what may be happening based on that test.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

User made an installation on new PC and the error has repeated. Where the user can get newest version of setup file?

Comment

Hello n0_namer,

Below I am providing a link to the installation file for NinjaTrader 8.

If the client is able to reproduce on a second computer, please have the client write to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call and further investigate. In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes