Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover

Hi,

I'd already done one rollover in the past using the automatic one under tools, database management. All went well. Yesterday though, I was getting bugged by the rollover warning message, so I told it not to warn me again. EOD, I went to use the rollover tool. Nothing to rollover! So, I edited month of the ES instrument in the instrument list (mistake I think). I did this as when I tried to add ES for a new month like I would under nt 7, (it never asked me for a month), it told me it already existed. So, I editing the month, but it of course did not back adjust any data and now my 12-16 es charts have a huge price spike in them. I've tried re-downloading data from provider, but it remains.

So, does dismissing the message mean it will not allow you to use the roll-over feature in future? How to properly manually add the front month without affecting the current data?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pjsmith; 09-09-2016, 02:07 AM.

OK, I just found that the listed roll-over date in my 'contracxt months' is actually 15/09/2016, but that's the last trade date for this contract, not the roll-over date. Not sure if this is the reason I'm not seeing it in the rollover options. Rollover was yesterday.

Comment

I seem to have resolved this by changing the rollover date for 'ES' to today, using the auto rollover, then using 'reload all historical data' to fix the charts. I think your rollover date in the database is wrong though as it's listed as the last trading day, not when the volume/most people 'rollover' CME lists the rollover date as yesterday, not the last trading day.

Comment

Hi pjsmith, I've been having the exact same problem since yesterday. I've just rolled my contracts back to 09-16 and its fixed the chart data. Are you having any luck rolling over to 12-16?

Comment

Yes - Not sure if you saw my last update, but that fixes it for me. I think they got the rollover dates wrong.

Comment

If my last not clear, to fix

In the instruments list, stay on current month, edit the instrument so the rollover date is today, use the rollover feature in the database manager, charts will still appear broken, but right click, 'reload all historical data'. That fixed it for me. Sorry if a little vague. From memory and not at pc.

Comment

None of this works for me. I am unable to roll to December contract.

Can anyone from Ninja please advise?

Comment

Originally posted by tortoise08 View Post
                None of this works for me. I am unable to roll to December contract.

Can anyone from Ninja please advise?

The rollover dates were wrongly set to 9/15/16 and you need to manually correct them to be 9/8/16

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

NinjaTrader has the roll date for the ES set to 9-15-2016, which is incorrect.

You can resolve this two ways,

Method 1:

To properly rollover the ES, NQ, TF, and YM the rollover date will need to be manually adjusted.

See the advisory below for instructions on how to make this adjustment.

Additionally, below you can review a video which demonstrates how to make this change.
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Method 2:

You can change your merge policy which will prevent this from ever being an issue again. Control Center>Tools>Options, click Market Data (left side) and then change Global Merge Policy to Do not Merge. Then on your chart, right click, Reload historical data.

Note changing merge policy to DoNotMerge will limit historical data for each contract to only that contracts history, doing so at the global level will change all instruments to such.

I've provided a link to Understanding Merge Policy in our Helpguide:

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
                  Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ES

I accidently deleted the ES so I rebuilt the template. When I go into the Contract Months tab under Misc. I now only have one contract month which I have adjusted for the update role date. Is this an issue? Do I need to add the older contracts if I want to work with data going back in time?

I have attached a screen shot incase my description was poor (most likely).

Additionally, can you point me to where other roll over changes are located. Example....FDAX does this issue effect any other contracts?

thanks.

GuppyDRV
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I would suggest resetting your instruments, then going back and making the roll date change again so you have future roll dates defined.

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.
                      • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
                      • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
                      • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

You would not need to make any other adjustments to previous roll dates as this only becomes an issue when trying to view the next contract, prior to its set roll date.

You can find notices on roll changes under advisories at the following link,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 09-09-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Rollover Annoucement

Last NT8 update : I have a Rollover announcement 'September 8th is contract rollover ....' then NT8 crashes. What's about ???
                        thanks if you have some answer !!

Comment

Hello,

I will need to see your log and trace for today look further into this inquiry.

Could you please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->EMail Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att AlanP', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

I look forward to receiving the files.

Comment

Thanks. All's fine now, I just needed an update with some indicators

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Christopher_R  
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            166 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80