Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Which Indicator? Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Indicator? Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

My NT8 keeps freezing sporadically. Sometimes its when I add a new indicator, change the data series, even on startup. It is random. When I take a look at the logs and the trace file I can see its and Object reference not set error. I use a lot of custom indicators and I believe it may be one of them that is the culprit but there is no way to see which one it is. Is there anyway to see which indicator is the problem? If there isn't a way, then you should have more verbose error tracking and logging that shows which indicator is the problem.

2016-09-12 22:48:08:418 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2016-09-12 22:48:08:422 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.GetNewBarsProxy(Bars barsProxy)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2. MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int3 2 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.<>c__DisplayCla ss536_2.<RefreshIndicators>b__9(Object o)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    2016-09-12 23:03:47:209 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'Upgradeable lock may not be acquired with read lock held.
    2016-09-12 23:12:48:185 ERROR: A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990015], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_RESOURCE_DOMAIN/WrongResourceDomain], Message: The resource was realized on the wrong render target.
    2016-09-12 23:12:48:185 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990015], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_RESOURCE_DOMAIN/WrongResourceDomain], Message: The resource was realized on the wrong render target. '
    Last edited by cutzpr; 09-12-2016, 11:46 AM.

Thanks for your feedback.

We do try to use the NinjaScript name when possible, but there is not always a chance to detect and log which indicator/strategy may be causing issues.

One way you can try and catch these problems is to use visual studio and attach to the NinjaTrader.exe for debugging:

Once you're attached, you can set your visual studio to break on exceptions. This should give you a chance to review which indicator was being called when the exception occurred:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM