Video Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Capture

Are there any plans to provide the ability to video capture windows in NT8?

For example, I want to record a trade on a chart using ChartTrader. It would be brilliant if I could simply do this with menus/buttons from a control window or programmatically from NinjaScript. In fact, I may want to record any window visible to NT8 using NinjaScript, even non-NT windows that are visible within the application, so it would be important to support that.

Very low priority at this stage for the NT8 team, I'm sure, but it would be good to add it to the future enhancements list.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

jeronymite, thank you for your post!

Currently, there aren't any plans to add video recording to the platform, however, I feel that this would be great to add this feature -- I will send a feature request to our product management team to see about adding this. I will provide you with a feature request ID once one becomes available.

If you don't already, you could use Jing as a video recorder, which would have the capability of recording any windows you select. More about Jing can be found at the link below:

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The feature request ID to this item is SFT-585.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Video Capture

Many thanks, Riley. Very much appreciate your enthusiastic support for this feature!

I already use Jing for short (non-commercial) recordings. However, I want to be able to record for the duration of a trade, which, in my situation, can often be several hours. Those recordings capture both NT windows and non-NT windows that are visible to NT.

Thanks!
        jeronymite

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
          Many thanks, Riley. Very much appreciate your enthusiastic support for this feature!

I already use Jing for short (non-commercial) recordings. However, I want to be able to record for the duration of a trade, which, in my situation, can often be several hours. Those recordings capture both NT windows and non-NT windows that are visible to NT.

Thanks!
          You might be dead before that gets implemented.

There are other things that are longer than 5 minutes in Jing.

Pinnacle Plus and Ultimate will work as long as you have disk space.

Polish your productions with Pinnacle Studio 26, value-packed video editing software with multi-camera editing, Stop Motion Animation, hundreds of creative effects and filters.

ENHANCED! Live Screen Capture — Record your screen and capture both system audio and microphone sound; perfect for making tutorials or demo videos

You might find an earlier version cheaper. I use 18.5 ultimate for video editing and some screen capturing (non-NT).

I'm not sure what I'd do with a 5 hour video of a trade though.

You are probably better off using Market Replay in NT and enter the same trade about the same time when conditions happen.

I'm sure there are other options other than Jing and they might be free, but I haven't explored that as I'm happy with Pinnacle for the moment. (It appears that if an image isn't changing - it compresses video pretty nicely).

You could also back it down to 15 fps from 30fps to save more space.

Well, just throwing out some alternatives.

Comment

Video Capture

Thanks for the pointers, sledge. Very interesting.

I'm looking for something built-in to NT8 as I want to offer the facility to users of my NT8 software without the need for them to purchase an additional product.

Thanks.
            jeronymite

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post

I'm looking for something built-in to NT8 as I want to offer the facility to users of my NT8 software without the need for them to purchase an additional product.

I did a quick Google. (.net video capture). More than a few packages or there for .net are available. You should be able to work these in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred