NT 8 RC1 FATAL error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 RC1 FATAL error

Attached is a screen shot of the fatal error exception thrown by NT 8 and a stack trace from the trace file.

I was creating a chart with 2 instruments. (FDAX / ES, also tried ES / CL).
    Both on the same panel.
    Line on close for each.
    One instrument scaled on the Left, one on the right.
    I changed the Trading Hours template to be the same for each.
    When I clicked OK, I got the attached fatal error dialog.

In an effort to recreate the error, I tried the ES/CL again WITHOUT changing the Trading Hours and it worked, then tried again by changing the Trading Hours for both instruments to Default 24/5 and the error occurred.

Gary
    Attached Files

Thanks for reporting. I was unable to reproduce as per the following video. By chance can you see what steps you are taking that are different than mine?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

did not reproduce after restart of NT 8.

After the exceptions I had previously, I restarted NT 8.
      Since then, I have not been able to reproduce the error.

At the time I did get the errors, NT 8 had been running for 3 days, and I think connected to CQG Continuum the entire time.

The first time I got the error I had successfully brought up the chart but the Trading hours were not what I wanted so I changed them and that was the first time I got the error. After that, it happened repeatedly until I stopped NT 8.

I will report if it occurs again.
      Thanks for trying.

Gary

Comment

Happened again.

2 minutes after my last post, I closed one of the charts I had used to try to recreate the problem and then it occurred. I had 2 of the charts open, leaving one chart open.

After 4 more attempts to create the problem, it occurred 1 time but I have not been able to consistently recreate it.

My gut tells me it is related to the selection of the Trading Hours template and the processing of it, but no proof.

I have attached a screen shot. The first two images were from initial creation of chart. The third image is when I changed the Trading Hours template.

Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello GaryAlbers,
          My name is Jess, and I am a member of our NinjaScript team helping our QA team with behaviors like the one you observed.
          To help us resolve this, would it be possible for you to please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred?
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
          Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1572985
          Please include attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
          IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader 8 and for your assistance. The information on your system will help us determine what has occurred as soon as possible.
          In the meantime, so you can trade again, you can roll back to NT8 B12 using the installer here

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...en-us/beta.htm
          Direct link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...nstall.B12.msi

You will need to uninstall Ninja, then rename or delete your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file, before installing Beta 12. Your workspaces, charts, etc will not be affected.

Pleas let us know if there is any other way we can help.
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

email support failed

I received a 'Failed Email' with the following:

[email protected]
            host mx1.emailsrvr.com [108.166.43.1]
            SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
            550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied (G8)

Comment

Thank you for sharing this information with us. It looks like we'll have to use an alternative to our usual e-mail system. Please use these instructions,

• Navigate to your (My) Documents folder
              • Right-click NinjaTrader 8 -> Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) Folder
              • Please use the publicly available site sendspace.com to e-mail this zip you have created to us
                • Please use attnNinjaTraderJessicaP.1572985[at]platformsupport[dot]com as your from address

Thanks once more for your report and for helping to improve Ninja

Comment

Thank you very much. We have received your NinjaTrader installation files. Please let us know if any questions come up during the rollback or if we can help in any other way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post lorem
                by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                0 responses