Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Problems

Hi,
    NT8 used to load pretty quickly, but it got slower over time.
    But now it is not completely loading. it will start up, start loading charts but not get all the way through. It just looks like it's loading but nothing is happening. I have to close it through task manager. Then I try to repair it with the installer but it won't run because it says NT is still open although it isn't, and even after rebooting the PC it still has the same issue.
    I have managed to reinstall it yesterday, but I still have the same problems.

Maybe you could tell me how to COMPLETELY uninstall NT8 and I will start over.
    What other files and folders etc do I need to delete to completely get rid of all NT8 files?

I want to try this and see what happens, I can't see any other way around it.

What do you think?

I have attached the errors. NT8_Error was when NT8 was running, the other 2 were after I had closed it and rebooted the PC and ran the installer.
    Attached Files

Based on the error message,
    it looks like some process occupies NT8 files.

1st step
    Check if NT8 is still running in the background processes. If yes, then the error message makes sense. You cannot reinstall, while the NT8 is running and locking files.

2nd step
    First - use file Unlocker app to find out, what application is blocking the file, reported in the error message.

3rd step
    Then restart Windows first (to makes sure no NT8 files are no more blocked
    and check if NT8 starts correctly.

If yes, then we know, that NT8 files were blocked by self NT8 application or maybe some other application (less probable). This could happen in theory, if NT8 did not exit correctly = it was still running in the background (despite its windows were not visible) or didn't free resources correctly

Comment

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your patience.

Please try running with a blank workspace to see the behavior still continues.
      • Shut down NinjaTrader
      • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
      • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
      • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.
      If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by exiting NinjaTrader and moving the files from your Desktop back into the 'workspaces' folder.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns. Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

Comment

Hi Patrick,
        Thanks for your reply.
        I have got it working again, but is still rather slow to load.
        How I got it working was, I was going to uninstall it using the windows uninstall through control panel, I found there was a repair option so I tried that. It seemed to work. However NT8 still was very slow loading so I closed 2 of 6 workspaces I have open, reducing the number of instruments also from 3 to 2. This helped, but it still takes longer to load than NT7 with more workspaces and instruments and charts open that NT8. NT7 takes 1:05 Min, NT8 1:30 Min.
        I will have to try what you suggested and see if that makes any difference?
        Cheers,
        Ken.

Comment

Thank you, KennyK.

Please do try those instructions, but if the performance is still slow as you indicated in your response I would ask that you send us over your Log and Trace files by going to Help > Email Support. Ensure the Log and Trace option is selected and include 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1574790' in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred