ChartToolBarExample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartToolBarExample

I'm currently using the ChartToolBarExample to change period parameters in some moving average indicators I've coded for my indi. When I make the changes using the charttoolbarexample buttons they update the current moving average periods as expected but I don't know how to make the indicator recalculate the new period for all previous bars as is done when you update the period of an EMA using the UI and all indis get recalculated. I've tried ForceRefresh() but it doesn't recalculate the previous bars like the UI does. Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do or not?
    Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I am not certain if this would be possible in the supported sense. I am certain there are likely ways to cause this reload in undocumented/unsupported ways but I would not be certain if the data then would be correct or if it would cause other problems.

I currently have a question into development on this to see if this is both supported and if there is a suggested way to do this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to reply back on this item after further review.

Currently there is no supported way to reload NinjaScript objects programmatically, unfortunately the framework is just not prepared to handle that type of request. You can easily get into problem areas where ninjascript reloads itself so this has not been implemented.

As such because there have been a number of requests for this it has been added as a feature request. Unfortunately this concept was not considered at the time of development so there would not be a suggested way to do this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes