Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom properties for my own MarkatAnalyzer Columns

Hi,

I want to make a Custom Analyzer Column, that will have my custom indicator logic that will write text information in the column cell.. The indicator column would need to have settings that match my custom indicator that would drive the logic that is within the Custom Analyzer Column code.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hello KhaosTrader,

Yes, this is possible to do.

To start, open the NinjaScript Editor in NinjaTrader 8 Beta, on the right right-click the MarketAnalyzerColumns folder -> select New Market Analyzer Column.

Below is a link to the help guide that demonstrates how to set the Text.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am asking not setting text, but whether i can build sophisticated logic wherein the code can have custom properties...

Comment

Ok, i have an indicator now, that works on the Market Analyzer, however, I cant populate the cell with text, I must make it a plot, and then do a conditonal formatting for a range of values to populate the cell. Its a ton of tedious work, it would be best if i could make my indicator write text into the cell, however, I dont think this is possible.

I then decided to look at custom columns, but sadly I am realizing that this lacks the flexibility of me cstomizing the timefram and dataseries settings...

So I am now realizing I must use an indicator. Fine. But I really would like to populate the cell with a text value rather than pointing a plot to the cell and then doing a lot of conditional formatting work for each instance of the indicator I put on the market analyzer...

So if you can tell me a magical work around such that i can write text into a market analyzer column with an indicator, that would be great.

Comment

Hello KhaosTrader,

To clarify, you need text in a market analyzer cell from an indicator's calculation, and using a cell condition is not able to achieve your goal is this correct?

(Have you attempted to add the indicator as an indicator column and setup cell conditions to show text when the indicator has certain values?
          http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...lter_condi.htm )

It is possible to call an indicator from a market analyzer column.
          This would be done the same way you would call an indicator from another indicator or a strategy by adding an override for OnBarUpdate().

Call an indicator, use the value to create the text string you would like, set CurrentText to this value.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 09-21-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

A market analyzer column cannot be tuned to a particular time frame as far as i understand. Therefore I am stuck with putting indicators in the Market analyzer, because i do multi time frame analysis putting several of the same indicator on the Market analyzer each to a different time frame. What I need to figure out is how to have my indicator put text into a market analyzer column.

Yes, I have figured out how to use cell conditions, but there are many different permutations and the number of cell conditions get out of hand, and i have to hand write out each set of conditions each time i make an indicator column...

Please tell me how i can put an indicator into a MA column, where that column is tuned to a particular time frame, and that indicator can post text value calculated by my script in the indicator, and NOT a plot value.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello KhaosTrader,

May I confirm you are using NinjaTrader 8 Beta 8.0.0.13?

Have you right-clicked the Market Analyzer, selected Columns, and selected your column script?

Here, in the Data Series section, you can set the Bar type, interval, days to load, session template, etc..

Are the controls for the data series insufficient for what you are attempting to accomplish?

Comment

Ok excellent, I successfully am able to populate the text, change font color, and fire alerts from the column script. And yes I can see I can change the series values..

I have 2 questions:

1) can I dynamically change the font for a given column cell?
                2) can i use more than 1 font to write contents in a given cell? So I can have one font for a number and another for a wingding character or something...

Thank you..

Comment

Hello KhaosTrader,

No, NinjaTrader does not have the ability to set the cell text font or color for Market Analyzer Columns (either manually or from a script).

The font property used for the Market Analyzer will be applied to the entire Market Analyzer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM