Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow switching between Workspaces in NT8

Hi,

I have NT8 RC1 installed and I usually work with many workspaces. One workspace usually has 6 charts in it, plus SuperDOM and Marker Analyzer, all for the same instrument. So I usually have one workspace per instrument.
    The way these charts are organized in the workspace is they are separate Chart Windows, they are not tabs of the same Window.
    What I found is that switching from one workspace to another can take 4-5 seconds or even more, the more workspaces are open, the more time it takes to switch from one to another.
    This of course is totally unworkable for me, having to wait up to 10 seconds to be able to switch from one workspace to another.
    In Ninjatrader 7 this switching is very fast, it takes less than a second to switch and redraw all those charts.
    Part of the story is that I have a 5 year old machine, i7-2630 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD system drive, Geforce 460M graphics card.
    Could this slow speed be cause by the old hardware (particularly the graphics card?).
    Or is it really this slow to switch from one workplace to another when multiple charts are present in each workspace.
    Unfortunately at the moment this is a dealbreaker for me, I cannot use Ninjatrader 8 at the moment after waiting for it for years and years.
    Anybody can shed a light on which direction to go now?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

I setup a simple test with 6 charts, DOM, T&S and I get workspace switches very fast. I'm on a fairly decent quality laptop computer that I wouldn't really categorize as hugely better then the specs you have. I do have a more recent video card.

Before we go down hardware specs, can you please contact me at platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post and send me your workspace files. I'd like to try working with your files to see what speed I see on workspace switching. The workspace files are located under My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces.

Appreciate you sending those in.

Comment

Slow switching between Workspaces in NT8

Thanks Brett,

Email sent.

Laszlo

Comment

Hello laszlonagy,

I was able to test your workspaces and unable to replicate. The first time I opened each workspace there was a slight delay, maybe 5 seconds as the charts built, but after all of them were open I could toggle back and forth with less than a second till the charts populated.

This appears to be a PC issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello laszlonagy,

We see the VolumeZones50 indicator is missing from our installation but present in your installation.

Is this your own indicator or a third party's? If this is your own can you send it over to us on email?

I will respond to your email with this same information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh