Is 10 strategies too much for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 10 strategies too much for NT8

I am running 10 simple strategies is this too many. I just got the Green Light of Death again.probably 5 times in the last 5 days.

NT is still working but nothing is updating. Had the same problem on 2 x VPS and using both NT7 and NT8.

is there a problem having 2 or more strategies using the same instrument and or data series?

6x(AUDUSD)
    2x(GBPUSD)
    2x(EURUSD)

My system still on about 1% CPU 9% memory use.

Internet connection to FXCM is fine.

Trace complete.

Pinging 204.8.240.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=263ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=270ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=267ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=486ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=264ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=278ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=230
    Reply from 204.8.240.1: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=230

Windows 10 64bit operating system
    i7-490K CPU 4.00GHZ
    32 GB ram
    Graphics Card -AMD Radeon R7 360 series
    Last edited by radicaltrader; 09-26-2016, 05:20 AM.

Hello radicaltrader,

Thank you for your patience.

10 strategies should not be too much in NinjaTrader 8 and running 2 strategies on the same instrument and barstype and value should not be an issue.

When you mention the "green light of death", what is that exactly?

Can you send us your log and trace files by going to Help > Email Support? Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1579328' in the subject line if you do send the log and trace files.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello radicaltrader,

10 strategies should not be too much in NinjaTrader 8 and running 2 strategies on the same instrument and barstype and value should not be an issue.

When you mention the "green light of death", what is that exactly?

Can you send us your log and trace files by going to Help > Email Support? Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1579328' in the subject line if you do send the log and trace files.

I'll submit my logs again after the next crash.

Green light of death is a term used by a couple of my friends when NT has lost connection to FXCM, but the connection remains green.

You can navigate around NT fine... it just that NT is no longer able to process price data.

I have manually been able to place a market order in the past. that why I have

When this happens you cannot properly disconnect from FXCM, so to reconnect you have to restart NT.

Strategies need to be deleted and re-entered to avoid any random issues.

I will do a database reset just to make sure...

Comment

Sending my logs etc now it. NT just stopped receiving order information from FXCM. Because I'am running demo data for the price charts and strategies are still running.. Account positions are not updating...
        Orders are being summited... but NT doesn't know if they are filled or not. (they are)

I am getting a list of
        submitted
        submitted
        submitted.............

On the order page.

Comment

arrrr Limits Stops not recognised... just put a big hole in my account.

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
            arrrr Limits Stops not recognised... just put a big hole in my account.
            Do you playing the swan's death here on a demo account, or you actually loosing on your live account , while nobody listening to you from the support?

Comment

Originally posted by dotnet View Post
              Do you playing the swan's death here on a demo account, or you actually loosing on your live account , while nobody listening to you from the support?
              I think they do listen...

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,

Thank you for your additional notes.

We did not receive your log and trace files. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I have sent the log and trace again... from the outlook rather that through the NT system.

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,

The likely scenario here is that connection losses to FXCM are only reported approximately 1m30s after the fact from the API. It is possible to already be disconnected from FXCM and not have NinjaTrader be aware of this. You can find this and more disclaimers at for FXCM at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

If disconnects were occurring in an intermittent fashion, then you could lose connection and not see it reported and then get the connection back before it was reported as disconnected.

If you are not already connecting with a wired connection please do so. If you continue to see this then may we schedule a remote session on your PC?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                      Hello radicaltrader,

The likely scenario here is that connection losses to FXCM are only reported approximately 1m30s after the fact from the API. It is possible to already be disconnected from FXCM and not have NinjaTrader be aware of this. You can find this and more disclaimers at for FXCM at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

If disconnects were occurring in an intermittent fashion, then you could lose connection and not see it reported and then get the connection back before it was reported as disconnected.

If you are not already connecting with a wired connection please do so. If you continue to see this then may we schedule a remote session on your PC?
                      I don't have much patience left
                      I have been having these issues for over a year now.....

Did you find anything in my logs this time.

The Green light of Death does not last less than 1 min 30sec... its infinite it never comes back. If it was less than 1min 30sec i would happy.
                      The disclaimer needs to changed to : a disconnection may occur infinitely and not reported by NT. ASIC may enforce this change or ban Australians from using ninjatrader with FXCM.

I'm using CAT6 do people really use WiFi??? When NT is working fine I can pull out the CAT6 and put in back in 2 min later and NT comes back to life (so i cannot see it as an internet problem)

I get the same use when using FXCOLO VPS which has a direct connection to FXCM no internet connection.
                      (http://www.fxcolo.com/Performance.html)

FXCOLO suggested MT4 and said other FXCOLO users swapped to MT4 for trading. Is this really the case? do they get a refund??

I purchased a new PC that had more than enough power to run NT after experiencing these problems.

Windows 10 64bit operating system
                      i7-490K CPU 4.00GHZ
                      32 GB ram
                      Graphics Card -AMD Radeon R7 360 series

As said many times to your staff before I see the problem being a NT issue not being able to process the incoming connection... you can see the price data and the execution data coming in from FXCM using a data sniffer but NT cannot process it.

when i had 20 strategies i was told by NT that 20 was too many of the same instrument AUDUSD.... so i cut that to 6 AUDUSD and i probably have been having these issues more often.

FXCM just says that there is a problem with your trading software.

Comment

Please download FXCM Trading Station and connect simultaneously with NinjaTrader and FXCM's platform. When the issue occurs in NinjaTrader, check to see if data is or is not flowing into FXCM's platform. This will allow us to narrow down our troubleshooting to identify NinjaTrader specifically or not.

Here is a link to download FXCM trading station:

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                          Please download FXCM Trading Station and connect simultaneously with NinjaTrader and FXCM's platform. When the issue occurs in NinjaTrader, check to see if data is or is not flowing into FXCM's platform. This will allow us to narrow down our troubleshooting to identify NinjaTrader specifically or not.

Here is a link to download FXCM trading station:

Please let me know the results of this test.
                          Data continues to flow to Trading Station...
                          As stated before the data continues to flow to NT (watching data sniffers) but NT is unable to process it.

was there any thing in the logs etc?
                          Last edited by radicaltrader; 10-03-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
                            Data continues to flow to Trading Station...
                            As stated before the data continues to flow to NT (watching data sniffers) but NT is unable to process it.

was there any thing in the logs etc?
                            There was nothing of note in your diagnostic files.

NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded and it assigns 1 thread to each instrument. It is possible that the thread is freezing. Can you please run the same test with only one strategy/one chart with one tab running?

Please let me know the results.

Comment

Hi radicaltrader,

I just looked at this thread and the time of 278ms from your ping caught my attention. I see you are in Australia which explains why it is taking over 1/4 second for you to ping the servers.

Just a thought, have you and NT support looked into time-outs? Not sure if this is simply a timeout issue due to the long distance for the ping signal. I am not sure if and how that is adjustable, but numbers that high might be above the developers default timeout for the connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite