Inverse Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverse Charts

Not sure if this feature is available, but I really would like the ability to have an inverted chart.

ie: price action is going down, but on an inverted chart, price is going up. It would be highly beneficial to have this in renko, range and tick form, as well as the time based intervals.

Is this feature available?

no response regarding inverted charts?

Other platforms have this feature (simply by putting a "-" in front of the instrument.

Is this feature going to be available?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello shathi1,

Thank you for your post, apologies for the delay - Note that NinjaTrader 8 items fall secondary in priority to NinjaTrader 7 inquiries.

Per the NinjaTrader 8 help guide: Messages will be reviewed by our support and development staff inside of a 48 hour period.

See the link below on Bug reports and providing feedback.
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...n-us/?beta.htm

This is not a feature that is included with NinjaTrader 8, however, there is a NinjaTrader 7 custom bartype that can help accomplish this, linked below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=6&linkid=628

Our NinjaScript team is working to convert forum indicators for NinjaTrader 7 over to NinjaTrader 8, this one not converted at the present time.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.

To Import
      1. Download the indicator toc your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of@SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

* Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 09-28-2016, 08:02 AM.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I wanted to know if this feature will be or is available for Ninja Trader 8.

Please include it also with the ability to have renko, range and tick bars inverted.

I have been using the NT7 mirror bar you referenced for a while. But it just inverts time based intervals and a tick chart. No renko or range bars.

Comment

Hello shathi1,

Thank you for your reply,

No, this is not a feature that is included in NinjaTrader 8. It may be possible to create the bar type you mention via custom programming, however.

If you're a programmer yourself, let me know and I can have our NinjaScript team follow up with tips on creating this bar type. If you're not a programmer, our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team can advise third-party consultants that assist clients in developing custom tools for use in NinjaTrader.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes