Chart window becomes unresponsive to mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart window becomes unresponsive to mouse

An example setup is to use NT 8 on Windows 10 desktops with two monitors.

For example using 4 charts,
    one on display 1 desktop 1, another on display 2, deskop 1
    one on display 1 desktop 2, another on display 2, deskop 2

Save as workspace. Exit NT8.

Restart NT8.

Minor Issue #1: When NT8 start up it put all the charts on the current desktop and does not restore to others.

Major Issue #2: I don't know if its related to desktops, but in the middle of the session. The mouse sometimes become useless within the chart or the tabs. Clicking on them does nothing although the chart still is running. I suspect it is somehow confused about the desktop it is on because 30% of the time the issue can be "fixed" by moving the window to another desktop. Otherwise it has to be restarted.

Thanks,
    Chris

I would like to look into your diagnostic files and also test with your workspaces. What is the name of the workspace you are using when you experience this?

You can send me these files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Expand the 'Other Files' section and checkmark 'Workspace files and UI settings'

Please include a link to this forum thread and also reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1579359 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Will do the next time it happens!
      Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by crokusek View Post
        Will do the next time it happens!
        Thanks,
        Chris
        Your log and trace files are stored for several days, so if this happened in the last week or so I will be able to further investigate in your files.

When did this occur? Please be as specific as possible.

Please follow the instructions in my previous message to tell me what the name of your workspace is when this occurred and also send me your workspace, log, and trace files.

Comment

Great. The name of the workspace is "Home" and I have responded using the Help menu.

Comment

Originally posted by crokusek View Post

Major Issue #2: I don't know if its related to desktops, but in the middle of the session. The mouse sometimes become useless within the chart or the tabs. Clicking on them does nothing although the chart still is running. I suspect it is somehow confused about the desktop it is on because 30% of the time the issue can be "fixed" by moving the window to another desktop. Otherwise it has to be restarted.

Thanks,
            Chris
            I believe I am suffering a similar issue to this one and wonder if NT have made any progress after analysing crokusek's supplied files.

I am using RC2 on Win 10 Pro and on a few occasions now have returned to my PC after an hour or so break to find all my NT8 screens unresponsive to the mouse. Basically 3 NT8 screens are unusable but NT7 is running perfectly on another 2 screens. To date I have never been able to recover from this situation and have to use task manager to shut off NT8 before reloading. When it happens the charts cannot "see" the mouse. A similar thing also applies to the control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
              I believe I am suffering a similar issue to this one and wonder if NT have made any progress after analysing crokusek's supplied files.

I am using RC2 on Win 10 Pro and on a few occasions now have returned to my PC after an hour or so break to find all my NT8 screens unresponsive to the mouse. Basically 3 NT8 screens are unusable but NT7 is running perfectly on another 2 screens. To date I have never been able to recover from this situation and have to use task manager to shut off NT8 before reloading. When it happens the charts cannot "see" the mouse. A similar thing also applies to the control panel.
              Hello Patrick

Have sent you some relevent files via email support marked "1579359 ATTN Patrick G"

Comment

Thanks. I have received your files. I'll be following up with you shortly via email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bltdavid