Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invocation Error

What could be causing this issue?

2016-09-27 14:32:55:668 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2016-09-27 14:32:55:668 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    2016-09-27 14:32:55:669 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.ApplyNinjaScrip ts()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnBarsToLoadCol lectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollectio n`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEve ntArgs e)
    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollectio n`1.RemoveItem(Int32 index)
    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Remove (T item)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.<>c__DisplayCla ss479_1.<OnGetBarsCallback>b__0(Bars bars, ChartControl chartControl, ChartBars chartBars2)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeIn ternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hello trader3419,

Thank you for your post.

The exception indicates that the indexing in accessing a collection was outside the valid range.

When does this occur on your end?

Can you send us your log and trace files?
    If so, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1579630' in the subject line of your email.

Comment

This occurs right when I start up Ninja Trader 8.
      Alright I will send you the email shortly.

Comment

Email sent. Thanks

Comment

Patrick. I am realizing that this issue, along with another one of mine where the Templates for drawing tools won't work have stemmed from the same point. I had created a indicator on my end, which works great. I exported it as a compiled assembly, but did not protect it. I gave it to my friend to use it, and both those bugs appeared for him. I then sent him the original code and neither issue happened anymore.

Can this be looked into? Both the Invocation Error and Drawing Templates not working when code is exported as a compiled assembly.

Comment

Hello trader3419,

Yes, we can look into both matters. I will follow up with you via email so we can test the files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Handclap0241