Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting errors on custom column, .. deadlocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting errors on custom column, .. deadlocks.

I have a custom column script that calls my custom indicator. I am getting errors...

Enclosed is the trace...
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Could you provide further details on the script being used?

You said a custom column that calls your indicator, can you clarify are you saying that you are using the Indicator market analyzer column and loading your custom indicator. Or are you using a custom column you have built and then calling an indicator from that column?

If you have a sample of the script you are using that may be helpful to see what is happening as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i have a custom column that calls my indicator that i wrote... I am running beta 13. I rather not post my indicator code... if thre are any trace or debugging suggestions, that would be welcome.

Comment

Hello,

Without seeing the code being used it would be difficult to provide anything more than general comments. Additionally I am not certain I understand what you are trying to do.

The Indicator column that comes with NinjaTrader is made for hosting Indicators specifically as a column. The MarketAnalyzerColumn is specifically meant to work on its own similar to how a Indicator would work. The logic from the indicator would likely need to be migrated into the column rather than the column calling on the indicator to be in line with how the existing columns work.

Regarding debugging,
        You could try commenting out the code until the error stops occurring, and work forward from that point.
        You could try calling a different indicator to see if you can call any indicator or if the error is in your indicator.

Otherwise If you can put together a sample Column and call a Stock indicator how you are now, that would be enough for me to review further to see if what you are seeing is expected.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses