Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt Workspaces/Charts

Running NT RC1

My Workspace contains 3 charts, each a different eMini. When loading the Workspace, randomly, 1 chart either does not load, or loads partially and then freezes.Either
    prevents any response from clicking ie. no functionality including deletion.

My only solution is to close NT and re-start. Sometimes this fixes the problem, but most
    often I have to delete either the WorkSpace.XML in general or specifically a named Workspace.

Is there a way to delete a corrupted Workspace/Chart other than my work-around?

spooz2, thank you for posting!

I'll need a little bit more of information so that I may analyze this further.

Do you have third party add-ons that you have applied to the charts?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report? To open the Log tab, click + at the bottom of the Control Center and select Log. In the log tab, any row highlighted in yellow is an error message reporting.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Corrupt Workspaces/Charts

Hi RileyS,

With all due respect, you have focused on the nature of the errors causing the corruption of my workspace/chart(s) rather than answering my question below.

The main issue that I have is the structural flaw in NT 8 RC1 relating to the
      interdependence of charts which results in the inability to delete a particular corrupted
      chart regardless of the error which caused it. (As an aside, I have reviewed and used many trading platforms going back to the beginning of electronic trading, and I do not remember one program that suffered from this flaw.) My original question remains: Is there a way to delete a corrupted Workspace/Chart other than my work-around (closing NT & going into My Documents/NT8/Workspaces to delete the XMLs.

When you answer this question, I will gladly answer your questions relating to the
      specific errors that may be causing my workspace/chart(s) corruption.

TIA

Comment

Hello spooz2, thank you for posting back.

Not that I'm aware of. Do you have the functionality of the Control Center when you experience issues with the charts? If so, are you able to close and re-open workspace by navigating to the workspaces menu of the Control Center?
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        9 responses
        1 like
        Last Post caryc123  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes