Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get account PNL?

Hello,

I am working on semi-automated strategy using unmanaged approach. Some trades for same account same instrument could be placed manually, some through strategy. I would like to calculate daily PNL which would be combination of trades made by strategy and manual trades (placed through either FXCM mobile app or through NT8 simple order window while strategy is running). I can see Account object and all Executions, I guess I need to get through each of the Execution objects and get cumulative PNL from all the execution objects. Any samples or guidelines to get Account Realised PNL for real-time trading?

I can get unrealized PNL by using
    PositionAccount.GetUnrealizedProfitLoss(
    PerformanceUnit.Currency);

and it works fine for trades placed manually. But want to get Realized as well (same number that is shows in NT Accounts tab in column Realized PNL). Or is there a way to accomplish the same using FXCM APIs while running NinjaTrader 8 in parallel?

Thanks

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your post.

You can pull the Realized PnL from AccountItem.RealizedProfitLoss: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...gy_account.htm

Comment

Thanks it works:

Account.GetAccountItem(AccountItem.RealizedProfitLoss, NinjaTrader.Cbi.Currency.UsDollar).Value

It will give me a total Realized Profit Loss for all currencies together.

And it I want to drill-down to see Realized PNL for specific currency, I guess I need to filter all execution objects for given account by that currency name/day, and then calculate PNL based on direction/order status (filled), Order Qty, AvgPrice?

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your response.

Correct in that you would need to track values manually in your code if you need more detailed information such as the instrument, date, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm