• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unhandled Exception Crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unhandled Exception Crash

    I have 4 currencies open in the tabbed mode. For some reason when I start NT8 1 of the 4 tabs will not update. I have to close the tab, open a new tab and try to reload the currency. Today is no exception but now I'm getting a NinjaTrader stopped working message and the program will not load. See attached picture.

    Thanks,

    Terence
    Attached Files

    #2
    Segwin, thank you for your post!

    I'm not able to reproduce on my end -- please answer the following so that I may test this further.

    What data provider are you connecting to?

    I see that you have custom bar type attached to the chart tabs, do you see the same if you test similar charts with a NinjaTrader default interval type?

    Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report? To open the Log tab, click + at the bottom of the Control Center and select Log. In the log tab, any row highlighted in yellow is an error message reporting.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
      Segwin, thank you for your post!

      I'm not able to reproduce on my end -- please answer the following so that I may test this further.

      What data provider are you connecting to?

      I see that you have custom bar type attached to the chart tabs, do you see the same if you test similar charts with a NinjaTrader default interval type?

      Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report? To open the Log tab, click + at the bottom of the Control Center and select Log. In the log tab, any row highlighted in yellow is an error message reporting.

      Connecting to FXCM.

      The bars are UniRenko. I haven't tried 4 tabs with regular candlesticks however I will.

      The attached screen shot shows the on screen error I got.

      Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'Upgradeable lock may not be acquired with read lock held.'
      Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

      Comment


        #4
        I get this as well....but so far can't figure out what is causing it.
        Today I got
        "Chart Rendering to a software bitmap failed there is likely a problem with chart objects render method D2D error = "HRESULT (0x8007000eE], Modeul[General], ApiCode [IE_OUTOFMEMORYOut of Memory"
        Last edited by photog53; 10-04-2016, 09:28 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Ok, I deleted the UniRenko bar workspace and charts. I started a new workspace, using candle sticks only, then trying to add the same 4 pairs, AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD and NZDUSD. It was fine for the first three but would not complete the 4th pair (just was stuck on loading sign). Tried to make a different pair for the 4th but same results.

          I had thre stock indicators on the charts, Woodies CCI, MACD and Donchian channel.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello Segwin, thank you for posting back!

            I'm still unable to produce this on my end.

            Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

            You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

            Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked and under Other files ensuring Workspace files and UI settings is checked as well.

            Please reference ATTN Riley in the body of the email.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
              Hello Segwin, thank you for posting back!

              I'm still unable to produce this on my end.

              Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

              You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

              Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked and under Other files ensuring Workspace files and UI settings is checked as well.

              Please reference ATTN Riley in the body of the email.
              Hello Riley,

              I bit the bullet yesterday and formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I was having problems with NT7 too. I would have 4 windows open taking up one monitor. I could switch control to one but not the others when clicking on them.

              Just got everything back up and running. Keeping fingers crossed.

              Thanks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by photog53 View Post
                I get this as well....but so far can't figure out what is causing it.
                Today I got
                "Chart Rendering to a software bitmap failed there is likely a problem with chart objects render method D2D error = "HRESULT (0x8007000eE], Modeul[General], ApiCode [IE_OUTOFMEMORYOut of Memory"
                Was this was the 32-bit or 64-bit version? Can you email log and trace files per the instructions on the previous post so we can have a look?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

                Comment


                  #9
                  Matt...
                  It was 64bit running on Windows 10. Unfortunately, Jessica and I completely killed RC1 yesterday while fixing an AgileNet issue....(I didn't save off the log / trace files before hand). If it happens again I will try to send in the data

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jgfirefn, Today, 02:26 AM
                  0 responses
                  2 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jgfirefn  
                  Started by Gerik, Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                  1 response
                  3 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisSch  
                  Started by Gerik, Yesterday, 11:27 PM
                  0 responses
                  4 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Gerik
                  by Gerik
                   
                  Started by Bionian, Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                  0 responses
                  2 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bionian
                  by Bionian
                   
                  Vps by stooby
                  Started by stooby, Yesterday, 08:32 PM
                  0 responses
                  12 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post stooby
                  by stooby
                   
                  Working...
                  X