Order Exact Entry issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Exact Entry issue

Hello. I am facing a problem which I couldnt fix.
    I have a specific price to enter the trade. However this price can be either market price or up or down the market price. I just want it to enter at this price or doesnt enter at all.

Nothing on your managed order has it. Can someone direct me what can I do.

The order will be either take it or leave it style.

Hello master1234,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support!

There is no means to 100% guarantee a fill at any price. You can submit a market order but that means the next available price level - so no guarantee of the price fill. A Stop Market order will turn into a market order when it's price level is hit. A Limit order would only limit you to that side of the market or better - but no guarantee of the price fill.

You can in code however check if your order has filled and what the current price level is. If the order did not fill and the price moved from the order price level then you can cancel the order.

For information on CancelOrder() please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ancelorder.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

The question is like this:
      I want to enter the price at 1.000 however currently market maybe 1.000 or 1.001 or 0.9999 so unknown. For me if the market price is 1.000 I want it to enter.
      I check the ask or bid and try to enter however the price is already changes for market order. I cannot enter limit order because it maybe the exact price for example 1.000 I dont want it to be stop order because I dont want a worse price to enter.

So how can I make sure it enters with the exact price I want or not at all.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello master1234,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support!

There is no means to 100% guarantee a fill at any price. You can submit a market order but that means the next available price level - so no guarantee of the price fill. A Stop Market order will turn into a market order when it's price level is hit. A Limit order would only limit you to that side of the market or better - but no guarantee of the price fill.

You can in code however check if your order has filled and what the current price level is. If the order did not fill and the price moved from the order price level then you can cancel the order.

For information on CancelOrder() please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ancelorder.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello master1234,

This is something that cannot be guaranteed.

You can attempt to submit a Market Order to that price but likely it will fill before you can cancel it if it moved away in a fast moving market.

Comment

Can we talk about a usercase.
          I check bid ask and I see it is what I want and after that immediately I do operation but I see that it is not the price I wanted. Why I cannot say I want this price and either it is filled or not. In market execution I cannot provide any price myself only in limit or stop I can do. However I am not sure if that price is above or below or same as the market price.

So simply can I just give order at any price which I want without knowing the bid and ask value and see if it filled or not? It is okay if it is not guaranteed I just need to give the order for that price. If it doesnt take then fine but I dont want a worse price after the next tick.

I use timer for fast trading.

Hello master1234,

This is something that cannot be guaranteed.

You can attempt to submit a Market Order to that price but likely it will fill before you can cancel it if it moved away in a fast moving market.

Comment

To clearify my question I will write again.

For example in metatrader 4 I can just enter a price and give a normal buy or sell order and if it is off quotes I get off quotes error.

In ninjatrader is there a similar approach?

Comment

Hello master1234,

Thank you for your response.

The only orders types that you can select a specific price for would be the Limit, Stop Market, and Stop Limit orders in NinjaTrader. You can use the Orders tab of the Control Center to enter in specific prices for your orders.

Comment

Hello
                What I understood is that it is impossible in Ninjatrader. I suggest you should put this kind of opportunity on your EnterLong and EnterShort functions with a chance to enter price information also. Eventhough it is not filled thats okay.

Or you can maybe allow people to enter market price in limit order as well.

Hello master1234,

The only orders types that you can select a specific price for would be the Limit, Stop Market, and Stop Limit orders in NinjaTrader. You can use the Orders tab of the Control Center to enter in specific prices for your orders.

Comment

Hello master1234,

I will forward your suggestions to development.

Comment

Hello master1234,

Thank you for your patience.

Your suggestion for Market Orders with protection is tracked under SFT-1666. Question here is why can't you use Limit Orders on the Bid or Ask? It would leave you at that price if it moved away but if it moved in favor you would still get filled, albeit not at the exact price potentially.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Leafcutter  
                    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Max238